Bad news at the MOT ...

kennyg

Took the 350z for it's MOT and it passed .. just :wacko:

But the discs and stock exhaust need to be replaced .Shouldn't complain since I've had the car new since 2004 and this is the first time had to replace anything!

On the positive side a damn fine excuse to get myself a nice loud exhaust :D

Been looking through the forums and can't find anything about exhausts, even the modification exhaust section seems to have some broken links to reviews and not much else.

Does anybody know of a "good" UK supplier? May be opening a can of worms but just want something that is loud .. but legal .. and with an upper price limit of £1000.

Ta!

i was looking at the turbo xs systems from USA, even now the price on them should be under £600 i think. looked a good system, gave stainless from cat back. plus it sounded good on youtube.

youtube is your best guide on noise for now if you search 350z exhaust, or search for brands when you know what your looking for. will give you a good idea.

plenty of choice just depends what your looking for

single can twin exit, or true dual.

Does anybody know of a "good" UK supplier? May be opening a can of worms but just want something that is loud .. but legal .. and with an upper price limit of £1000.

Ta!

From your description i think you are talking about a 5Zigen Pro racer from Envy or Envy soputh, depending on your location!

Surprised the stock exhaust needs replacing on a 2004? Sure it doesn't just need some welding at the joints near the backbox? They should last a lot longer. Maybe get a second opinion on it - unless you do want to replace it of course:)

Mine is an 04 and snapped last year, they seem to snap in the same place and is not very easy to weld, and as Kenny says "what an excuse for a new one".

Not too surprised, seems pretty normal to me .. exhausts never seem to last long on cars.

Anyhow rather get something a bit louder, been thinking about it for a while and now I've got a perfect excuse :teeth:

Thanks for the help, looking at the Envy Performance website now and the 5ZIGEN does look nice .. just gonna find some sound clips!

4 to 5 year life expectancy on standard exhausts ;) Mine's an 04 and that snapped last year as well. :headhurt:

Yup -Just replaced mine as it snapped off last month. If you catch it early enough it might be repairable but i think it breaks from the inside out more so just welding over might not work great.

Quite a few second hand ones around so its not too pricey if you need to fix it without getting a new system.

Fingers crossed mine gets through the MOT when I come back from holiday

Not too surprised, seems pretty normal to me .. exhausts never seem to last long on cars.

Anyhow rather get something a bit louder, been thinking about it for a while and now I've got a perfect excuse :teeth:

Thanks for the help, looking at the Envy Performance website now and the 5ZIGEN does look nice .. just gonna find some sound clips!

3FIDDYZ and LEXX on here both have them, im sure they might have clips...

oh look i found some... lol

hope that helps

Another choice, about £650 if you like loud, Buddy club Pro Spec...