7" Sat nav

JoeDr3dd

Hello

I have looked through the posts and seen that a few people have installed the Panda 8080 GPS unit.

Just got one of these and am about to take it apart, i have a few questions though

1: Does anyone have IGO8 for download?

2: how do you connect the iphone to this unit

3: is it quite straight forward to extend the power switch

Cheers in advance

John

Power switch is much easier than I thought. you have the positive and negative connections either side and you can bridge the switch with an extended switch. Make sure you get a 'push to make' none clicking switch. You dont even have to remove the original switch just go around it!

Dashed line is a new cable and switch

Powerswitch.jpg

Power switch is much easier than I thought. you have the positive and negative connections either side and you can bridge the switch with an extended switch. Make sure you get a 'push to make' none clicking switch. You dont even have to remove the original switch just go around it!

Dashed line is a new cable and switch

Powerswitch.jpg

Cheers for the replies, little confused though?

Do i need a non clicky power switch for this to work, i have a old switch from a PC, but its the clicky type

no you need a push to make none locking

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2338

Yeah, push to make, rather than a toggle. Basically it only supplies power while you told it down, like a PC switch. If you use a toggle switch it supplies power until you press it again to release it. That will confuse the little thing ;)

Did you downoload Igo in the end? I thought it came pre-installed?

no you need a push to make none locking

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2338

Yeah, push to make, rather than a toggle. Basically it only supplies power while you told it down, like a PC switch. If you use a toggle switch it supplies power until you press it again to release it. That will confuse the little thing ;)

Did you downoload Igo in the end? I thought it came pre-installed?

Is comes with igo6 :D i now have igo8 :D

If anyone is interested in the new version, let me know. I have it setup to display at the right resolution etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again

Quick question for all of you who have installed this unit, how the hell do you ghet the iphone to work using the avi in?

I have a iphone rca connector etc, but it only displays in black and white on the screen?

Cheers in advance

• 1 month later...