Malfunction warning light

TheOracle

Hi All

On my way to work tonight I noticed that the malfunction light has come on. Car seems to be running ok though. Can anyone shed any light as to what this could mean?? Havent got time tonight to use the search function as Im on shift so appologies if this has been covered before, which Im sure it has.

Thanks in advance of any replies.

Could be anything unless you can shed some light on anything iffy thats been going with the car.....

Could try the ECU reset. Whcih will clear the code.

Or you could take it to dealers and let them hook up diagnostics to get fault code and charge you for the pleasure.

Or you could find a friendly local who will read the code for you if they've got an OBDII reader... Anyone volunteer? I'd do it, but it's a bit of a trek from here! :lol:

Personally I'd get the code read rather than just clearing it even if you have to pay for the privilege, but that's just me. If you clear it and it goes and never comes back then no real harm done, but it's always nice to know why the CEL came on in the first place.

Thanks for the advice guys. The only thing I did out of the ordinary was go to the red line in 2nd gear on the way to work, then the car felt slightly lumpy in 3rd gear doing 30mph (or could have been the road surface, wasn't sure). Otherwise, all is functioning as normal.

I'll pop her down to the local Nissan garage tomorrow for a diagnostic; best to be safe rather sorry if its something serious.