Stuck in snow

jamesyj

Well my car is now left parked 6 miles from my house, stuck on the slightest of inclines trying to get home from work after this evenings snow in Leicestershire.

I was really really struggling. I found pulling off the tricky part.

The odd thing was, booting it, opposite lock and shouting was working for me, just not when I got stuck.

It was the perfect end to just one of those bloody days! :angry:

I was at one point, on full opposite lock going in a straight line.

I soon developed a little knack, boot it in first (opposite lock required), pop her in second, booting again (opposite lock required), ease off getting her straight, pop your traction control on and she'll keep you reet.

Everytime I got some momentum going, I had to stop for parked cars. :rant:

My only little silver lining of the day is probably I looked like a driving god drifting down the road.

Still bloody crap though :angry:

Well to be fair, I'm exaggerating, it's outside some chaps house, I knocked on the door and asked him if he minded me leaving my car there, he sympathised and pointed at his MR2 Turbo :lol:

But still it's not on my drive safely so I'm feeling a little sorry for myself :lol:

Well when it snowed the other week, I borrowed a Landcruiser at work, awesome fun this green laning!

I took my car to work, someone said it's not that bad snow, I reckoned I'd be alright if I could get to a main road that had been driven on constantly....I couldn't..

Dad said as he rescued me from the cold "Perhaps you should think about getting rid of that thing and get a banger to drive to work and back"

What the name of all that's holy would I want to do that for?

That's it people, you must drive 4x4's because it's snowed for 5 days so far. 300 wet ones and 60 dry ones is not enough proof for Dad to have a "silly" car. Idiot. :lol:

I know that feeling being stuck, happend to me twice last week. The Z just does not do it in the snow :blush:

Allways handy to have two cars in this weather :p:lol:

I got 2 cars, :rant: the wife would not let me take hers to work as she needed it that night.

That will be the last time i clean her car :lol:

Shame there is about 3 times the amount of snow lying now!

Not Zed weather!

Not zed weather, the zed is the only vehicle that is near impossible 2drive in the snow. (although i do have -2degrees camber over stock on the rear) I have a movano that is ace once i let the tyres down, gets through anything,

Not zed weather, the zed is the only vehicle that is near impossible 2drive in the snow. (although i do have -2degrees camber over stock on the rear) I have a movano that is ace once i let the tyres down, gets through anything,

Have to disagree with that, one of the guys I work with has a DB7 GTS B) and that definitely doesn't do snow either!

Anyway guys floods are definitely worse, another guy i work with had a Kuro 350, sucked water into the engine and now it's a write-off so beware the big melt...

Have to disagree with that, one of the guys I work with has a DB7 GTS B) and that definitely doesn't do snow either!

Anyway guys floods are definitely worse, another guy i work with had a Kuro 350, sucked water into the engine and now it's a write-off so beware the big melt...

Sureley thats a good excuse 2go FI and forge all internals :teeth: