HELP!

martinopy

I've just fitted a new head unit to my car but no matter what i try i can't get any sound. The car is a uk car with the bose system and steering wheel controls so i used the guide i found on here and bought an ICT 29-674 and also the 29-004 so i was just wondering do i have to buy the pac-roem as well.

Simple answer is yes. If you are using the standard speakers and amp then the pac unit will be necessary.

Simple but wrong answer I am afraid. The ICT adapter is both a BOSE loom adapter and volume control module. There is no need for a PAC unit if you have the ICT version.

Hmmm i've went and ordered a pac now, ah well can always sell it on. Is there perhaps a fuse or something for the bose amp that may have blown? I've currently connected the head unit in with two of the three adaptors that were in the old head unit and it left one adaptor over in which i had to cut three cables and put in connectors, this was for the steering wheel controls which incidently don't work either.

Hi Rob,

Do you mind me asking, would you only need this:

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/steering ... 9-674.html

To replace the UK Bose head unit and retain the factoty Bose amp/speakers?

I was under the impression you needed more which is why I have not bothered.

Thanks, and sorry to srobrien for hijacking your thread.

Matt

I think I had this issue for a few minutes when installing my Pioneer unit thread

There was a blue/white cable which needed to be connected up, this was labelled on the Pioneer loom as "Amplifier Control" which i first ignored.

The blue cable in question can be seen in this loom :

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/prodimag ... 29-674.jpg

just above the RCA cables

Without this, there was nothing combing from the speakers, not even static.