Preperation has begun for my next ICE project(Fitted)

nurrish

Hmm thought they'd fixed it in 2.1, the forums will confirm anyway. I'm finally updating my install to 2.1 :blush:

you ever tinkered with ride runner?? its very customisable but looks tacky shame..

Yup, played with it a few years ago. Very nice in terms of customisation like you say, just it didnt quite hit the nail on the head. Having been a software engineer, I can appreciate its merits, but in the end, the ease of CF won through, even though it does cost money :dry:

Hmm thought they'd fixed it in 2.1, the forums will confirm anyway. I'm finally updating my install to 2.1 :blush:

you ever tinkered with ride runner?? its very customisable but looks tacky shame..

Yup, played with it a few years ago. Very nice in terms of customisation like you say, just it didnt quite hit the nail on the head. Having been a software engineer, I can appreciate its merits, but in the end, the ease of CF won through, even though it does cost money :dry:

Could you live with a boot up time of 1:15? thats from turn on to being able to use centrafuse.

Could you live with a boot up time of 1:15? thats from turn on to being able to use centrafuse.

No chance! Mine takes about 20secs atm from hibernation, and I'm always looking to make it quicker! Over a minute would do my nut :doh:

Yeah i hear what your saying. Kinda sucks cuz i brought the ultra fast ssd and with a monitor attached the system boots in 10 seconds but with the usb monitor attached it takes 1:15!!! but that is from a cold boot just tinkering around with hibernate now.......hopefully i can get it resuming quicker

Just a little update:

All my bits have now been ordered and they are being delivered on a daily basis

The pc i ended up buying was this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220347519988

Also went for a samsung 32gb ssd

I have drew up a little sketch of the general layout

IMAG0038-1.jpg

A little bit sad i know but there f*ck all else to do!!!!

That drawing looks like some technical stuff!

Sure does! My install plays music! :lol::blush:

No chance! Mine takes about 20secs atm from hibernation, and I'm always looking to make it quicker! Over a minute would do my nut :doh:

Yeah i hear what your saying. Kinda sucks cuz i brought the ultra fast ssd and with a monitor attached the system boots in 10 seconds but with the usb monitor attached it takes 1:15!!! but that is from a cold boot just tinkering around with hibernate now.......hopefully i can get it resuming quicker

Hopefully it will initialise quicker from hibernation. I think from cold boot mine takes around 45secs, but need to time it. So 1 min isnt that slow so long as it comes out of hibernation quickly :thumbs:

Hopefully it will initialise quicker from hibernation. I think from cold boot mine takes around 45secs, but need to time it. So 1 min isnt that slow so long as it comes out of hibernation quickly :thumbs:

I have decided to get rid of the fancy usb monitor as it just takes too long. Now got it fully working on a normal sized monitor and it boots into centrafuse in 35 seconds!!! and thats from a full bootup!!

What monitor do you suggest i get chris?

What you doin with the monitor now nurrish?

Its up on ebay mate. Unless you want a sniff at it?

How much we talking?

well i brought it for 160 a week ago....has been switched on maybe 4 times.....for you with personal home delivery i will take £130.00 its even on ebay at the moment for 140

Just a little update:

All my bits have now been ordered and they are being delivered on a daily basis

The pc i ended up buying was this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220347519988

Also went for a samsung 32gb ssd

I have drew up a little sketch of the general layout

IMAG0038-1.jpg

A little bit sad i know but there f*ck all else to do!!!!

That drawing looks like some technical stuff!

Sure does! My install plays music! :lol::blush:

Dude, I forgot how to put CD's in the changer the other day. I pressed eject, and 1 (empty) thinking it would ask me to insert CD, which it didn't. 5 mins driving along swearing at the CD player, then saw the 'load' button. Idiot! :blush:

I can't be doing with this ICE stuff. I'll be happy if my BOSE played CD's on a cold morning, which it doesn't. :dry:

Some times for you chris

From cold boot into centrafuse i get 47 seconds

From hibernation into centrafuse i get 27 seconds.

Sounds about right, mine is about that. My old Dell laptop used to boot super quick as the boot screen was almost non existent. The Mac takes way longer to POST so slows it down :(

Take it you have turned off all un-needed services and disabled any devices via device manager that you dont need. That can shave off a few seconds. :thumbs:

So i got the pc installed all wired up but no screen to test yet....But it does power up with the ignition and power down when engine turned off. works perfect :yahoo:

Decided this would be the best place to install it

IMAG0047-1.jpg

Power comes form my amp which is installed under my glove box

IMAG0052-1.jpg

This little project is turning out better than i thought it would. Real stealthy aswell :ninja: