Replacing Front Discs and Pads (Help needed)

Hunter

I am currently looking at replacing my front discs and pads. I have been looking at some EBC turbo grooved front discs with some EBC red stuff pads..

But not sure if these would be the best option as i am only doing low road mileage so not wanting to go OTT. However i am wanting good quality but also at a good price.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Hunter,

I've just joined the site and noticed your thread, may I ask if you have been successful in finding some replacement discs and pads?

Chris

Out of curiosity what do Project Mu offer in this price braket? I always assume (maybe wrongly) that they were quite expensive and much more a proper performance pad/disc rather than a slightly uprated option over OEM as I see the EBC offerings?

Hi,

Yes Project Mu has been developed to provide a definite performance gain over OEM, where I guess the word 'expensive' is relative. Against some competitors in the market you will pay more for Project Mu, but then you will also notice a difference in the performance and quality of product. However, when you compare us to other manufacturers whose products are used within high-end motorsport then we are close on price.

Since I've been dealing with Project Mu I've not received one bad comment surrounding their product and whilst I appreciate not everyone will want to spend at the level of Project Mu, it is important that people at least know the options available to them.

In terms of pads, if it is for mainly road use then I would recommend our NS compound pads: £150 +VAT front, £70 +VAT rear

Discs we only have the 2-piece design available since there isn't a gain to be found with a replacement 1-piece disc versus the standard disc for this application. Price is £475+VAT per pair of discs.

Should you be interested in learning more about the product and just in case you find these prices affordable perhaps I can point you in the direction of my website from the link below.

Thanks for your interest,

Chris

Thanks for the honest reply Chris. The pads seem very reasonably priced, not much more than some of the other offernings from PF, Ferrodo etc. I see the are obviously priced outside the realms of EBCs offering, but as you say, good for people to know what exists. I hear very good things about Project Mu kit, shame its outside of my price braket at the moment ;)

The discs should be more given the exchange rate, but that's the nice guy I am! :D

Don't forget that's the initial outlay, when it comes to replacing the discs you keep the central part (the aluminium bell) and only change the actual disc itself, which suddenly puts them in a very reasonable price range...£155 +VAT per disc.