Just had the high flow cats installed

hagar

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

I had been worried by other people saying the car is a lot louder with them on, I dont understand!

The car is lounder but not annoyingly. It seems to match up nicely to the standard system and gives a nice deep sound and the sould it makes when you floor it is sweet!

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

I had been worried by other people saying the car is a lot louder with them on, I dont understand!

The car is lounder but not annoyingly. It seems to match up nicely to the standard system and gives a nice deep sound and the sould it makes when you floor it is sweet!

told you they sound nice! not too loud for me either B)

PS

UTEC!!!!!!

:teeth:

mark I let the garage fit them

I told them to remove the mounting bracket as per instructions then said when fitting to gently mould the sheild away if it fouls

there is certainly no rattle so job would appear a good un.

Cheers

Kev I bought them from space cadet for a bargain price, all in a great deal

As for performance much the same as when adding the plenum, quicker throttle response but over time the ECU (DONT EVEN DARE MINEL) has quashed that a little

On the track at goodwood tomorrow so will see, the throttle certainly is much crisper but with a GT4 engine I doubt you would notice (some mixed reports on plenum tuning on those engines)

Glad everything is ok.

Tell me about the weight!! - it felt criminal to put the original ones back on.

As for selling the car, am having second thoughts (for the time being at least), so all in all a pain in the ass for nothing, but never mind at least I have the option now. Have gone off the RS4, think they're a bit too grown up, keep seeing the Cayman S' about!!

I'm going to try and get on a dyno soon to see how the engine is running before I think on a UTEC. Has anyone seen dyno graphs for a standard car with just the cats and the plenum? If so any links?

Very big :teeth:

the car is running 82dB which is quiet but it sounds just right, I might go for a true dual exhaust later in the year but as it is at the minute it sounds nice and sweet.

The interesting thing is you can now hear the air intake much more than before, its akin to when I put an induction kit onto the supra (NA) a few years back

It is a day like today that reafirms why I bought this car - on days when I think why did I spend mone on a lump of metal I can think of today!

We should get a group down to goodwood or bedford? It is expensive but am sure if a few of us club together they will give us a discount?