AFTER MARKET SHIFT LIGHT

breay

Peeps need your help, back in the day when i was really into Max Power and Fast and Furious etc i bought a MASSIVE 6'' rev counter and tube type shift light for my 106 Quicksilver :teeth::teeth::lol::scare: (dont mock me too much! :lol:)

Any way, i was thinking the other day how crap the shift light is in the zed and it got me thinking..... i still have the shift light from the rev counter i bought. Does any one know where i could splice the signal wire from the zed shift light without taking the instruments out? that way i could use my big bright one as well!

Cheers

Ben :thumbs:

No idea I'm afraid!

Can you not hear when to change anyway?

+1

i find the light a distraction, as i can always see it in the corner of my eye.

i need to sit down some time and set the limit light higher so it doesn't come on when i'm hooning.

if you check out the DIY HUD thread i think they were able to splice into the speed cable from under the centre console behind the white box. i wouldn't be suprised if you could get access to the rev wire from there.

Peeps need your help, back in the day when i was really into Max Power and Fast and Furious etc i bought a MASSIVE 6'' rev counter and tube type shift light for my 106 Quicksilver :teeth::teeth::lol::scare: (dont mock me too much! :lol:)

Any way, i was thinking the other day how crap the shift light is in the zed and it got me thinking..... i still have the shift light from the rev counter i bought. Does any one know where i could splice the signal wire from the zed shift light without taking the instruments out? that way i could use my big bright one as well!

Cheers

Ben :thumbs:

I use shift lights all the time on track as to much going on to constantly watch the rpm.

Regarding the wiring up of a shift light will depend on what type of shift light you are actually using but by your description it may be similar to the one that I used to use.

DSCF1157.jpg

DSCF1158.jpg

Red to feed or ignition

Black to ground

Green to ECU or rev pick up if you can find it.

Thats pretty much it Alex, although mine is just a bulb in a tube with 2 wires coming out of it. I thought i could possibly hook it up the the signal wire of the OEM shift light on the car? that way it would give one almighty flash when to change rather than a crap blink! Do you think its possible?

I thought i could possibly hook it up the the signal wire of the OEM shift light on the car? that way it would give one almighty flash when to change rather than a crap blink! Do you think its possible?

I think that might become it bit to complicated and may cause other issues. :scare:

I thought i could possibly hook it up the the signal wire of the OEM shift light on the car? that way it would give one almighty flash when to change rather than a crap blink! Do you think its possible?

I think that might become it bit to complicated and may cause other issues. :scare:

Erm, i mean just splice the positive wire from the aftermarket shift light in a wire that goes to the OEM one (if there is one!) so that the aftermarket one flashes when the OEM one does. So basically wiring a light on to a light if that makes sense :lol:

Surely it wouldnt cause problems??............

Erm, i mean just splice the positive wire from the aftermarket shift light in a wire that goes to the OEM one (if there is one!) so that the aftermarket one flashes when the OEM one does. So basically wiring a light on to a light if that makes sense :lol:

Surely it wouldnt cause problems??............

It wouldn't be me :lol::lol::lol:

Remember and post up for a fix when all your electrics go wonky :lol::lol::lol: