Bluetooth question

matth76

I have a bluetooth phone and I'm positive the dealer told me I could have it all handsfree using the bluetooth in the car and I could control the volume with the volume buttons on the steering wheel. DO I need a "bluetooth adapter" in the phone cradle area where the phone would sit?

I am picking up my new 350z next weekend which is a 2005 GT model (it does not have sat nav but not sure if this makes a difference) but only found out today on this forum that it must come with a bluetooth adapter and that this must come with the car otherwise the phone will not work handsfree and nor will the volume buttons on the steering wheel work. As I didn't know this I have no idea if the car comes with the bluetooth adapter - is it a separate part and does it plug into the phone and what does it look like roughly? I've done a search for this but can't find any specific info. Is there any info on how this will work and what I need to do? Ie do I simply activate the bluetooth on my phone and then what do I do in the 350 so they can pair up?

Thanks for any help.

I have a bluetooth phone and I'm positive the dealer told me I could have it all handsfree using the bluetooth in the car and I could control the volume with the volume buttons on the steering wheel. DO I need a "bluetooth adapter" in the phone cradle area where the phone would sit?

I am picking up my new 350z next weekend which is a 2005 GT model (it does not have sat nav but not sure if this makes a difference) but only found out today on this forum that it must come with a bluetooth adapter and that this must come with the car otherwise the phone will not work handsfree and nor will the volume buttons on the steering wheel work. As I didn't know this I have no idea if the car comes with the bluetooth adapter - is it a separate part and does it plug into the phone and what does it look like roughly? I've done a search for this but can't find any specific info. Is there any info on how this will work and what I need to do? Ie do I simply activate the bluetooth on my phone and then what do I do in the 350 so they can pair up?

Thanks for any help.

This link below should help you. 2006 models onwards should all have the bluetooth adaptor as standard but as it so easy to remove and sell for upwards of £50 some 'disappear' ;)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Cars delivered new after a certain date (no doube someone will know exactly but I think it might be MY07 models) come with the adaptor as part of the car spec.

Those of us who had cars before that date went and bought them when they finally came out. I think I paid about £95 for mine, which came from a dealer in the Netherlands via one of the forums.....

If you buy a BT bluetooth adaptor it fits into the cradle, pair with your phone & hey presto you have control from the steering wheel. Believe it comes with the later models but not 05. Be cheeky & ask if they will give you one. If not then search ebay or you can get from Holdcrofts.

Ahh so a BT bluetooth adapter is what you need - does it matter what type of phone you have as long as it has bluetooth and is this cheaper than the Nissan adapter? Also, I am thinking of getting an integrated after market sat nav fitted with bluetooth on it - to those of you with bluetooth sat navs already will I still need a bluetooth adapter to get my phone handsfree?

Thanks for any info.

Ahh so a BT bluetooth adapter is what you need - does it matter what type of phone you have as long as it has bluetooth and is this cheaper than the Nissan adapter? Also, I am thinking of getting an integrated after market sat nav fitted with bluetooth on it - to those of you with bluetooth sat navs already will I still need a bluetooth adapter to get my phone handsfree?

Thanks for any info.

I use an o2 Orbit that has satnav (GPS) and it does not interfere with (bluetooth) calls and works perfectly with the hands-free, and I like the range of other features it offers :thumbs: I sure there are many other phones out there that will do the same thing.

Chose the Orbit as with a Brodit holder it gives me a clear view of the phone screen next to the centre console and leaves no holes etc about the dash when you come to sell. A damn site cheaper than buying Nissan's sta-nav offering having bought the car new and gives the flexibility of using in our other car :)