Engine check Light stays on after changing Head Unit

nismoip

Hiya all I just go myself a cheap aftermarket headunit after having enough the standunit skipping cd when cold!!!! Went round a mates to fit it in and all working fine but the Engine Check Light is always on now??? But the car seems fine and I so far drove 45miles without any problems so far.

Can anyone think of anything that may have caused this???

Also does anyone know if JDM 350z ariel needs as adaptor to pick up radio station?? as the unit I have seem to struggle to find radio signals in some area's.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

I started my car a few times yesterday, with the AC controls unplugged and the gauge pods unplugged - and no engine check light problems... i have a 2003 JDM. Not much help i know. Sorry.

+1 I had to move my car with the centre console unplugged & never got an engine light on.

Should really throw a cel just by fitting a new hu

I started my car a few times yesterday, with the AC controls unplugged and the gauge pods unplugged - and no engine check light problems... i have a 2003 JDM. Not much help i know. Sorry.

+1 I had to move my car with the centre console unplugged & never got an engine light on.

Should really throw a cel just by fitting a new hu

+2 I did today too to fit my sub. Even drove the car without the ac controls and white box thing (it knocks out all of your dials) but i didn't get an engine light.