Meguiars Soft Foam Applicator Pads question

TheOracle

Hi all, I'm looking for a little advice. I've bought myself the Meguiars stage 1 2 and 3 products after reading quite a few threads on the forum and managed to get some Meguiars soft foam applicator pads cheap. My question is, what exactly can/should I use these pads for? Are they suitable for applying my stages 1 2 + 3 or should I be using microfibre cloths for this?? So far, I haven't managed to find the answers i'm looking for on the forum, despite using the search button :surrender:

Any advice/help appreciated :thumbs:

They can be used for nearly anything. I personally haven't used the 3 step but reckon it'd be used for it all. Microfibers to buff off.

They are good for loads of other cleaning jobs too!

I use them to apply loads of products. They can be washed after use too. No softener or detergent. Just a bit of vinegar!

:teeth:

Thanks Stew. The reason I asked is because on the packaging it says "For smooth application of lotions, gels, dressings and protectants. Ideal for use on all leather, vinyl and rubber surfaces" It does not say specifically for applying things such as wax to the paint. Just worried that they may scratch the paint :scare:

Prior to joining the forum, I'm afraid that I have to admit to only ever using just wax, applied with a yellow house duster. After reading on the forum, I can see that I have a lot to learn in the department of car detailing; I'm looking forward to getting some good results :teeth:

ive got the 3 stage, i use 1 pad for each stage to apply the product, then the microfibre to remove, stage 1 and stage 2 you shouldnt let to dry to much, do a panel at a time and then remove product, stage 3 you can let dry then remove once whole car is covered

Cheers, thats answered my question 100% Cant wait to give it a go, I may even get a clay bar kit and go for the full monty :teeth: Will post pictures on a new thread (before and ater) when I do it.

Thanks all for your help. :D