Still on the Honeymoon and the exhaust is knackered!

evest

Hey Guys,

Well I'm pretty new to the forum, I said hello a few weeks back. Had my Zed for 3 weeks now - '53 grey, 45K - pretty much factory standard.

She was sounding a bit grumpy (deafening in fact) the other day so I went to Kwik Fit (only place with a ramp that was open Sat pm!), so after the fool wheel spins it on to the ramp (heart missed a beat - lucky no damage) I saw that the backbox pipe had completely snapped off at the join with the centre pipe. Great.

Nissan quoted £540ish for replacement (I guess you can get a decent upgrade for that amount!) - and then suddenly said they would do free labour so £440.

Anyway, took it to Torque Technique down in Wilton, Wilthishire - fixed in 2hrs for £70 (dealer I bought it from is paying), and they build custom exhausts too - so might be back there in the summer!!

No major point to this but thought I'd share the story. Sorry didn't think to take pics of the damage. If anyone has had an exhaust from Torque Technique I'd be interested to hear your opinions - cheers.

Shame for this to happen on the honeymoon period - but no big deal I guess and I'm still grinning like an idiot every time I drive her... :thumbs:

Hey Guys,

Anyway, took it to Torque Technique down in Wilton, Wilthishire - fixed in 2hrs for £70 (dealer I bought it from is paying), and they build custom exhausts too - so might be back there in the summer!!

What did they do to fix it - did they just re-weld the flanges or did they weld on completely new fixings?

Funny enough - mine is just about starting to do this but I managed to pick up a second hand exhaust for £50