SORN for prolonged time...servicing?

Andy

My Z has been off the road for the last 10 odd months so I am wondering what peoples opinions are of what I should do with it when I get it back as far as servicing goes. I did an oil change on it just before it went in but the oil has barley moved in these last 10 months. Will the 'new' oil still be ok or should I do a change as soon as I get it back on the road? What about plugs etc? Anything I should look out for? I have a feeling my battery might be shot but that's not a massive issue.

Thanks

Has it been started at all in the last 10 months? With the temperature movements there's always a chance there is a small amount of condensation in the fluids if it hasn't got up to temperature. With all the work you've had done (it is going to be a GTR when it comes back isn't it? ;) ) I would give it the once over servicing wise.

Has it been started at all in the last 10 months? With the temperature movements there's always a chance there is a small amount of condensation in the fluids if it hasn't got up to temperature. With all the work you've had done (it is going to be a GTR when it comes back isn't it? ;) ) I would give it the once over servicing wise.

It's been jumped to move it from one side of the workshop to the other and that's about it! Probably started half a dozen times if that and not for any prolonged period of time. I was aiming for a GTR'esk' car but aiming for the V-Spec now :lol:

i had a car on sorn for a while, the major area to check is the brakes. amke sure the calipers haven't seized,

engine wise it should be fine, as soon as you start it up ity will re oil all the parts. and all the moving bits that need oil are already dat in it. so there wont be any unlubed metal on metal action.

I would do an oil change to be on the safe side. Its pretty quick and easy. Battery will probably be gone too, but thats easy to do again if its shot.

I think I once heard that petrol degrades over time too? I know on motorbikes I've read to drain the tank as much as possible before storage and stick some new fuel in when you get it out again? Dont know if the same applies to cars? Might be worth having a billy can of petrol ready just in case ;)

I would do an oil change to be on the safe side. Its pretty quick and easy. Battery will probably be gone too, but thats easy to do again if its shot.

I think I once heard that petrol degrades over time too? I know on motorbikes I've read to drain the tank as much as possible before storage and stick some new fuel in when you get it out again? Dont know if the same applies to cars? Might be worth having a billy can of petrol ready just in case ;)

I had heard this too and the car is pretty much empty as it is at the moment so I am thinking a full tank of V-Power first thing and it should be happy. I am thinking the oil change is going to be have to be done, better to be safe then sorry I suppose, just seems a waste of the last oil! :headhurt: Suppose I could always drain it and use it in my runabout :lol:

What about belts, plugs etc?

Also consider when the brake fluid was last changed. Again I *think* its meant to be every 2 years according to Nissan. Or just get a big brake kit done while its in the garage ;)

I have very little will power as it is so don't tempt me! :lol:

Not long now then Andy :thumbs:

Who knows ;)

Also consider when the brake fluid was last changed. Again I *think* its meant to be every 2 years according to Nissan. Or just get a big brake kit done while its in the garage ;)

Well if you're upping the game to a GTR you're going to need GTR brakes :teeth::lol:

Well if you're upping the game to a GTR you're going to need GTR brakes :teeth::lol:

:bleh: