Headlights (again)

ireynolds

Hi guys,

When I viewed my car (before buying) the passenger headlight was out. The chap replaced it, I bought it, and driving home, in the dark the lights were excellent (around 2 months ago)

Within 5 days, the drivers side bulb blew (standard head light - not full beam)

so I did research here, and found that I needed the D2R xenon bulb as my car is 54 UK spec GT model.

I recently purchased that bulb, it says 6000k on the packaging, and the cost was around £35 Got it fitted, and again, at night lighting was excellent, although I did notice that it was much bluer..or whiter light than the passenger side all worked well.

Then yesterday, the D2R that I replaced, only a week or two before (drivers side) has now blown again??? Does this happen regularly? Do I have a major electronic problem? or have I done some thing wrong? Does anyone else have any ideas why this has happened?

Thanks in advance.

IAn

hey there, strange for this to happen, is there any sign of water getting in ?

the bulbs at £35 are unbranded right ? not the phillips ones which are about £60 each,

it is common to get a difference in colour when only replacing one bulb as with anything not getting them from the same batch number let alone a different manufacture will be different.

if the same light has went through 2 bulbs in a very short time then eithe you have been unlucky with the bulbs or the power pack if faulty.

have you tried the bulbs in the other headlight just incase they are still working, if they were then it would show that it was indeed the powerpack.

i had a customer who had a simalir situation and it ended up being water in the powerpack due to the headlight leaking

any questions just fire away :thumbs:

Paul

Thanks for all the replies.

Heres the thing...the passenger side has some moisture in it...but works fine.

I went out to take the bulb out the faulty drivers side, switched them on to check the passenger one works...and both were working.

Ok...so went inside...easy fix.

Then, went to go out sunday night, switched them on, and the drivers one flicked on then went out. Any ideas?? it seems like a loose connection...but what do i check for?

It itsnt a philips one. its a replica i think. but the brightness is excellent :)