Bigger Brakes

LewisL

Hello,

Does anybody do a big brake kit for the 350z!? i.e. spaces out the original calipers

Would also be wanting a 2 piece bell & roters setup!

Just thinking my brakes are going to to need replacing @ some point so just wanted to price up a larger & nicer looking set up!

cheers,

And there's also a member who has just gone the AP Racing route as well. Take a look around, there's plenty been done.

Advanced ME are another trader who do brakes, all the people listed can help you with the decision. ;)

cheers boys!

Wanted to keep the original brembo's really as i like the look of them & they got all the stopping power i require!

Will have an ask round the traders see what they got lying about just want a spacer & then a bigger 2 piece bell & rotor

If it's all you need then stick on something like the performance friction 2 piece.

That'll give you a hell of a lot of stopping power.

I have the dixcel setup all round and it's impressive.

is the dixcel setup a 2 piece kit!?

larger rotors are not going to make the car stop any shorter

the Stoptech Aerorotors shown on that link, and every other 2 piece rotor I can think of (DBA does the 5000 series which are nice too - we use both extensively), are same size as stock, just 2 piece, so they weigh less than stock (primary advantage) and the hats won't retain heat like the OEM rotors as they are aluminum

If it's all you need then stick on something like the performance friction 2 piece.

That'll give you a hell of a lot of stopping power.

I have the dixcel setup all round and it's impressive.

is the dixcel setup a 2 piece kit!?

I have the one piece. They do two piece though.

the Stoptech Aerorotors shown on that link, and every other 2 piece rotor I can think of (DBA does the 5000 series which are nice too - we use both extensively), are same size as stock, just 2 piece, so they weigh less than stock (primary advantage) and the hats won't retain heat like the OEM rotors as they are aluminum

I'm not arguing with you Adam as I def don't know what I'm talking about but why does a Range Rover have larger rotors than a Ford Fiesta? Surely there must be a reason for it?! Wouldn't a larger rotor radiate the heat a lot quicker and take longer to glow thus improving brake fade?

I'm not arguing with you Adam as I def don't know what I'm talking about but why does a Range Rover have larger rotors than a Ford Fiesta? Surely there must be a reason for it?! Wouldn't a larger rotor radiate the heat a lot quicker and take longer to glow thus improving brake fade?

Braking distance is determined by lots of things. The two most important are weight of the vehicle and traction. So, the lighter you make your Z, the shorter it stops, and the more you can increase front traction, the shorter the stops. Now, you've also got the situation with braking where you want to be able to repeat that stop over and over again, without any meaningful extension of distances. That's a different type of factor. This is where a big brake kit shines.

As far as the Rover vs Fiesta, it's due to weight, and perceived image to the buyer. Brakes are now viewed as much as styling mod as wheels, and manufacturers are keen to this.

Brakes are now viewed as much as styling mod as wheels,

:teeth:

thats the only reason I'm looking @ a 2 piece set up just think it looks nicer! as said the standard brakes provide enough stopping power for me!

if there was a large kit then i would go for that but if i have to stay standard size then thats fine!

Brakes are now viewed as much as styling mod as wheels,

:teeth:

thats the only reason I'm looking @ a 2 piece set up just think it looks nicer! as said the standard brakes provide enough stopping power for me!

if there was a large kit then i would go for that but if i have to stay standard size then thats fine!

we've got the Stoptech 2 piece Aerorotors in stock and ready to go. They are offered in either cross drilled or slotted, with slotted being far more popular. Absolutely first rate rotors that will cope with a wide variety of pads. PM me your address, I'll be happy to give you the full quote

We also carry the DBA 5000 series, which also are 2 piece, though the Stoptech overall are a higher quality especially when running some of the more aggressive track rated pads out there.