xenon lights

phoenix

On dark country roads i sometimes get flashed by on coming traffic, i'm sure they think iv'e got full beam on when infact it's just my xenon lights, does anybody else find this?

Nope, maybe they are a bit high?

I find that when mine come back from MOT they are stupidly low, so I crank them up a fair few clicks (IIRC about 30!). You can find the adjuster on the top inside edge of unit by the top mounting bolt. There is a hole, that if you look down you will see a star shape adjuster which if you have a really long posi drive screw driver you can adjust. Think its clockwise for up, so I suggest you turn yours down a little :thumbs: (I tend to judge mine on having the cutoff clearly on the top of most peoples rear numberplates. That way you shouldnt dazzle people.

UK cars have autoleveling lights. So if you put something heavy in the boot, it will level itself back to where it should be. All Xeons in the UK have to have that and washers by law IIRC. That doesnt mean however that the reference level is set right and it may be too high in the OPs case ;)

I get flashed by people too, I have noticed it tends to be country foke on back roads who dont see that many nice cars. People just think that you have your main beam on!

I have had other cars with Xenons and got flashed,I have to say it happens a lot less now that they are becoming a lot more popular and widey used people are used to them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have xenon headlights, but they seem too low. I can't find any way of adjusting them as they are self-levelling - anyone any ideas (I looked at the manual on the forum, but it is the USA manual so it shows the screwhole for the manual ones but nothing about the auto levelling ones).

And - they are a bit dull... I used to drive a Toyota Celica and it's headlights lit the night sky up (I am sure planes used to try and follow me :) )