350z or crossfire or audi tt?

hey chaps

im a prospective buyer and am blowing my budget on a sports roadster. my fav is the 350z but ive been advised to consider others too? any advice would be appreciated regarding all 3. as for the 350z -i presume the depreciation is the least on it? what mpg should i expect from it? what about servicing costs? should i buy a uk car or an import and whats the difference? wheres the best place to find a good used one-private or dealer or broker? sorry for all the quiz but dad died last year so have no-one to advise me now. thanks very much.

Buy a Crossfire, now there's a top car.. ;)

Seriously though.

1. Crossfire - Built on the old SLK chassis so a bit of a dinosaur. Poor build quility but cheap. Don't bother.

2. TT - Everyone has one. Not that reqarding to drive. A bit of jewelery on wheels IMHO. Based on a S3 anyway so wht not buy one of those and have a boot and 2 extra seats and rarer. Don't bother unless you are considering the new one.

3. 350z - Rare. Top handling. Unique. Good value. Reasonable build and fantastic engine. MPG 20 - 30. I get 27mpg mostly on the driving I do, but around town this wil drop. Servicing very reasonable. Dealer crap though but there are good ones. Some bargains can be add off private sales as the 06 model is about to hit the streets. Imports can be considered but think about, speed restrictor 112mph, etc. Although you can get the tiptronic gearbox in import.

Hope this helps.

I looked at the crossfire when it forst came out, and was very dissapointed. The dash and interior looks as though its been ripped straight out of a 1990 Ford Sierra. Its awful.

The hatch window in the rear is stupidly small and wrecks any practicality.

The TT's are as common as muck. They are based on a Golf platform, as is the A3, Leon and Skoda Octavia. TT's will vary from 150hp up to the 240bhp R32 engined version. All look the same, which although they look good, they are common as muck, and really dont draw the attention that they once used to.

The 350Z may not have the build quality of the Audi, but it certainly is more fun, and certainly creates more interest than the Audi.

Guest prescience

Agree with most of the above.

One point, the SRT6 is a fair bit quicker in straight line than the Z (330Bhp at 1390Kgs vs 280 at 1545kgs)

All round - no contest though

Agree with most of the above.

One point, the SRT6 is a fair bit quicker in straight line than the Z (330Bhp at 1390Kgs vs 280 at 1545kgs)

All round - no contest though

Yep, but looking at the build quality on the Crossfire, you'd probably have a long walk back to pick up the bits that fell off :D

And dont forget the top half of the TT looks like it was designed by a different person from the bootom half. Popular theories include:

a) They dropped their ruler halfway through and picked up an imperial one

B) They reset their PC from German to US units (or Windows did!).

c) They went to the pub and did the top half in the afternoon

d) They went on holiday and someone finished it whilst they were away..

e) - <>

As someone said... Just test drive them. When the engine starts on the Z you'll be sold...

JohnK