Genuine MPG? please

sammysamsam

I just filled up with Optimax for the first time tonight - over £60 to top her up! Ouch :headhurt: It hurts all the more as I can see the refinery at Grangemouth from the house.

However, I had previously filled up a couple of times with Tesco's higher octane fuel, and noted a small but significant increase in mpg over ordinary unleaded (c. 8mpg)

I can beat that.....

Before the Wales day, I was on vapours as I got to the Optimax. I'd left it an extra day to empty the tank of other stuff. Sods law it had gone up 2p over night and cost me £73 to fill up....... :scare:

It hurts all the more as I can see the refinery at Grangemouth from the house.)

Actually forgot to mention, according to an article in Evo this month with the Chief guy at Shell in charge of Optimax, its only refined at the place on Merseyside, Ellesmere port is it?

So that should be the cheapest place for optimax,........ guess be dearer up with you.... :blush:

Yes, as far as I know the main output from Grangemouth is BP, so by that logic BP Ultimate should be cheap round here. Not at my local station! It seems distance from refinery is not the main factor in price differentials for fuel.

It would be good to find out where Tesco's fuel is refined too. Oh, and does anybody have any experience of any other high octane fuel (e.g. Morrison's)?

Their main storage facility is at West Thurrock with variuos others mentioned on their website. Doesn't mention refinery though.

And for those of you who didn't know already, they list which Tesco's carry 99 at http://www.greenergy.com/products/99_oc ... tions.html

JohnK

Cheers John,

Only problem with that is that its out of date.....

It doesn't have some of the counties/locations on...... (just so that people know that this is obviously the latest list)