Dealer Servicing Costs - Basingstoke (Dec 2008)

toffeeblock

In case anyone local is interested West Way in Basingstoke have given me their current prices for servicing:

P1= £221.34

P2= £308.91

P3= £341.69

BRAKE FLUID =£81.00

COOLANT= £95.94

AIR CON SERVICE = £69.00

I assume all the above include VAT, best to check before you book in though! They also say that they are willing to price match other dealers and are also happy for you to use your own parts/fluids to possibly reduce the cost (but of course they won't guarantee those particular items).

I haven't used them myself yet for servicing, so can't make any useful claim how good they are - but they are shortly to be replacing my corroding Rays and skipping CD player under warranty and have been very helpful so far.

(Mods - I can't find a thread that consolidates all the latest dealer servicing costs, I'm sure I saw one a while ago, please move this post if there is a better place for it, ta.)

I know. I've kept it quiet so far but I am actually a northerner (family is in Warrington), I don't want the locals turning up at the door with pitchforks :boxing: so don't let on to the southerners please. I've married a southerner though so I am trying to blend in as best I can, but I do draw the line at calling Bath "Barth" and a Bus "Bas".

If I add in the fuel costs to travel oop north, it works out about the same overall. But as we can't get gravy in our chip shops here, I suppose that would be a further incentive to visit the north (they are quite happy with the great english traditional chip shop curry sauce though, go figure!).

If you're considering Basingstoke then you may also want to try Newbury, they charge:

Newbury P1 £190

P2 £241

P3 £280

or (and this is where I'm going to go because they've had some great reviews), Swindon:

Swindon* P1 £195

P2 £265

P3 £290

* They mentioned something about a 10% discount with a loyalty card, anyone else know more about this?

I cant remember Dan Perkins, Sloughs prices, but they are cheaper and better enough than Basingstoke for me (as I work in Slough). I think they are about the prices of Newbury/Swindon and offer a club discout, albeit a bit unofficially as they knew Ricky. :)

• 2 weeks later...

See my rant on the dealers thread... This dealer has gone down hill in the last 5 years!

One time I went there they lost a bleed nipple dust cover after changing the brake fluid. If they can't even work on your car without losing parts...

Last few times I've been in there, there's usually an angry customer at the service desk asking why parts haven't come in, or why their car need hundreds of pounds work.

Only used the Aldershot branch once... Car was booked for a morning service, but when I arrived they couldn't guarantee when it would be done. When I returned at the end of the day it still wasn't ready.

I cant remember Dan Perkins, Sloughs prices, but they are cheaper and better enough than Basingstoke for me (as I work in Slough). I think they are about the prices of Newbury/Swindon and offer a club discout, albeit a bit unofficially as they knew Ricky. :)

Nissan Slough, Dan perkins, i went there for my P3, top quality service, had a p3, and they fitted my ferrodo ds2500 pads, plus skimming the disc's, o also chucked in a free m.o.t, managers name is mark, his a nice chap.

I went up there from essex, so much cheaper than down here, worth the drive and great service with me :teeth:

Nissan Slough, Dan perkins, i went there for my P3, top quality service, had a p3, and they fitted my ferrodo ds2500 pads, plus skimming the disc's, o also chucked in a free m.o.t, managers name is mark, his a nice chap.

I went up there from essex, so much cheaper than down here, worth the drive and great service with me :teeth:

Also got a letter from Dan Perkins yesterday. They are soon to be doing a loyaty scheme and also will price match other places. I will see next time I am in there if we cant wiggle some more discount off them if we get some more guys going there regularly :thumbs:

West Way are fairly expensive and also found them very poor at returning calls. I have contacted them 6 times for servicing costs of which 5 was told they would ring back - never got a call.

What might they be like once they have my money let along when trying to get it.

The one time I did get through i had to double check the price as it was around £70 more expenside than the dealer 10 minutes up the road in Winchester. They just said "Oh yea thats out price and we can't change it"

If you are near the South i recommend Sparshats. While they are no longer a Nissan dealer they still do servicing using all nissan parts, using nissan spec sheets and the stamp is as good as a dealer stamp IMO (oh and it was £100 cheaper too for a P2)

Rob - do you know the name of anyone at Sparshats that would be best speaking to re: 350 servicing?

I've been calling around to find out P3 prices, around two locations - down in the South and up near Reading way.

Here is how they've shaken out so far;

Westover Bournemouth - £378

West Way S'oton - £295 (told this is a 'new customer' offer lol)

Dorchester - £280

Wincanton - £340

Reading - £280 (price matched Dorchester)

West Way Aldershot - £368

WLMG Shepperton - £371 (but then mentioned a 'Level 3' service rather than a 'P3' at £299..?)

Wycombe & Slough are yet to get back to me with a price.

It looks like pretty much everyone I've called will price match though and Dorchester was the cheapest quote initially.

RB84 - are you still in warrenty? The difference between a Px service and Lx service AFAIK is that on a Lx they dont hook it up to Consult to read it. What I was told is that each time a dealer uses Consult they have to pay Nissan for it, and to keep the warrenty they have to use it. Once out of warrenty they dont need to, so they dont and pass on the savings to us. If anything really dodgy is up it will throw the CEL light anyway, so you're not missing anything :teeth:

RB84 - are you still in warrenty? The difference between a Px service and Lx service AFAIK is that on a Lx they dont hook it up to Consult to read it. What I was told is that each time a dealer uses Consult they have to pay Nissan for it, and to keep the warrenty they have to use it. Once out of warrenty they dont need to, so they dont and pass on the savings to us. If anything really dodgy is up it will throw the CEL light anyway, so you're not missing anything :teeth:

Hi Chris,

Nope I'm not in warranty at all - my car is 5 years old now so that doesn't make a difference. So the Lx services should be fine! Thanks for the information. I will give them all a call tomorrow and see what they say about it.

Cheers B)

Hi Chris,

Nope I'm not in warranty at all - my car is 5 years old now so that doesn't make a difference. So the Lx services should be fine! Thanks for the information. I will give them all a call tomorrow and see what they say about it.

Cheers B)

Would be good to ask them what the difference is and see if it tallies up with what I've been told. It sure will save you some cash, I get L services these days and they are much cheaper :thumbs:

Tried to get Bournemouth to price match, the wonderfully exciting man on the end of the phone told me that '...it must be a different service' when I mentioned that Dorchester would do it for £280. So I told him I'd take my business to Dorchester and doing just that tomorrow morning. £270 was agreed on the phone earlier.

Spoken to a guy called Chris there who has been very attentive on the phone so far so I will update in regards to how the service goes. Out of interest - what oil will Nissan naturally put into the 350 if I don't supply my own?

Just to update on this - had the service done today. All very easy, great communication from Chris and he's even asking Nissan to see if they will put any 'good will' help towards the failed boot struts and the faulty 'left channel' CD player. Doubt anything will come from it but it was better than being told Nissan won't do anything straight off.

The mechanic who worked on it (Rich) also seemed to be a good guy and was helpful when Chris was looking for more information on a couple of points.

I definitely recommend Dorchester Nissan and will add this to the Dealer thread on here.

:thumbs: