Think Clutch is going to need replacing soon. Which Make?

hawkie350z

I had my clutch play up twice yesterday yet it seemed fine today. I started up & idled for about a minute. The car was semi hot as had driven it 1hr before. I pulled away fine & changed to 2nd the tried puttin foot down just a little but it revved with no go but I did not feel it spin & no ESP light flashed. I then let go of throttle & it came back so spead up & changed to 3rd & same thing happened. But been fine since that.

Does it sound like clutch & that it is going? Also any comments on what clutches are best?

Nissan quoted me £675 fitted today (Bournemouth).

Local Garage Ebblake Autocentre £722 Fitted ADL Clutch.

Any Comments? Thanks :blush:

im also experiencing some minor probs.. when im depressing the clutch half way and so to gently let the car move forward out of the garage or when im balancing the clutch and accelerator on a hill/slope (instead of using handbreak) there is a v loud noise or vibration ..sounds awful lol.. have no idea what it is (and no its not cos its stalling lol)

Dont ride the clutch then, use the handbrake!!!! :angry: Ha

You can usually tell the clutch is on the way out by how high the biting point is when pulling away and changing gear, if the revs go up under acceleration but the car doesnt pull then its slipping and you need a new clutch pronto!!

mines not slipping but something smells (a bit like clutch) when driven hard, and also the gearknob vibrates like hell if driving hard and in higher revs, didnt know if this was normal or was the clutch?

As your car ever had its clutch changed given its high mileage?

what's the longest anybody has gone on their first clutch? Mine's on 64k and first clutch :) Just watch it go now :scare:

Isn't the smell after hard driving from the fuel - that's what mine smells like (but I guess you'll know if it's the clutch because it stinks)

what's the longest anybody has gone on their first clutch? Mine's on 64k and first clutch :) Just watch it go now :scare:

Isn't the smell after hard driving from the fuel - that's what mine smells like (but I guess you'll know if it's the clutch because it stinks)

Mines just crept over 60k miles, but a lot of motorway driving, so I'd expect it to last. Done 2 Wales runs on it so far, maybe the 3rd will kill it, then uprated clutch and lightened flywheel will go on :teeth: