Advice on what brake discs/pads to get

350znewbie

Hi all,

I've just been quoted £580 for new front brake discs and pads and £150 for rear pads - now correct me if I'm wrong that seems a bit excessive considering that there is nothing special about the discs and pads being fitted. I'm pretty tight and selling my car (baby on the way) so not really keen on spending the earth.

Any tips on what discs and pads to go for that are going be a good price?

Cheers :)

Hi all,

I've just been quoted £580 for new front brake discs and pads and £150 for rear pads - now correct me if I'm wrong that seems a bit excessive considering that there is nothing special about the discs and pads being fitted. I'm pretty tight and selling my car (baby on the way) so not really keen on spending the earth.

Any tips on what discs and pads to go for that are going be a good price?

Cheers :)

£280 for standard OEM discs (front only, pair) and Ferodo standard pads for front and rear.

Just remember to bed them in properly otherwise they squeal (dont they Sarnie :p )

:lol: , Never had no probs with mine squealing, and the brake dust is a tad higher than OEM i think on the ferrodo ds2500 pads, but the stopping power and feel is so much better and worth it :thumbs:

Just remember to bed them in properly otherwise they squeal (dont they Sarnie :p )

:lol: , Never had no probs with mine squealing, and the brake dust is a tad higher than OEM i think on the ferrodo ds2500 pads, but the stopping power and feel is so much better and worth it :thumbs:

Did Phil bed them in for ya? ;):p

:lol: , He supplied them and got nissan to fit them when i had my P3 service, also had the disc's skimmed :thumbs:

:lol: , He supplied them and got nissan to fit them when i had my P3 service, also had the disc's skimmed :thumbs:

Hope you bedded them in properly then otherwise you are missing about half the stopping power they have to offer! With doing a lot of motorway driving, I see mine drop in performance over a reasonably long time frame if I dont do some spirited driving, as the layer of transfered material from bedding in gets worn off, then I need to bed them in again to get them back up to performance. Makes a very noticable difference :thumbs:

Also notice similar, as i dont drive my Zed everyday and mainly only at weekends, but at the current time with the weather being so poo, not alot at all. I notice the performance does drop off a tad. As you said some spirited driving and some braking moments, the prerformance soon comes back ;)