Z hates cold?

ab350z

Just been to the car for the first time since Thursday evening cos of the snow. Tried to unlock, nothing. Tried the immob nothing. Can see the red light for the alarm being armed is on, little LED on the fob lights up when i press it but getting no response. Tried the backup key and fob, same thing. Its been under a pile of snow all weekend, so thinking cold might have disagreed with it??

Aye might need the batt unplugged for a while to reset.

The car wont start if I cant get the immob to work, its after market and needs the immob off otherwise you get nothing. I'll try again at night but wont set the alarm off then try again tomorrow morning. Never done this before though, very confusing. The LED is coming on the immob key fob and i've put a brand new battery in the key. Tried my spare set for both so def something wrong with the sensor and not the keys.

Battery replaced - still no joy with the locking. Getting a full light up on the dashboard, stereo works, lights ok. Its an aftermarket alarm/immob (Meta Systems), tried the resynch on the key fobs, nothing. Both got new batteries. The local dealer is Kirkhill Auto but they dont do callouts, not much use if my immobiliser has immobilised the car is it!!!

I've called Taylor's to come have a look, cos i've now hit the limit of my expertise and patience and really dont care if i have to pay to get it sorted now. Grrrrrrrrr.

Strange thing is when I plugged it all back in, the lights and wipers all stayed on and the TC light was on, all switched off at the stalks/console. Bloody snow!

Yeah thats what the Auto Elec folk reckon aswell but i'll be damned if I can find anything in the notes how to do it, just tells me how to disarm and how to resynch control modules. Tried both with no success. Just waiting now for the 'professionals' to come out.

Update - 2 auto electricians just spent an hour at it. Said the installation was a bit ropey (but they would eh?), snipped a few wires and low and behold we have life!! Engine starts, stereo on, air con on, dash lights on BUT........ No lights, hazards, full beam, indicators, tail lights (brake lights DO work), no central locking and no electric windows!! After more poking they ask me to drive it up to the workshop tomorrow morning. Minute I walk away from the car, lights come on...... wont switch off at the stalk!! So had to disconnect the battery to stop it running flat over night.

They were thinking body control module? Please someone tell me this isnt expensive!

• 3 weeks later...

Got the car back, pretty much 3 weeks without. The BCM had filled with water and was deceased. Part arrived on Monday and is fitted. Stung me, all in, with fitting, VAT and a call out when the problem was originally spotted, £728. BCM was £350, vat about £100, the rest was labour. Not how I wanted to kick off the festive period. Still have to program the keys with Nissan apparently.