Missed service intervals

mouldie

I did a search but couldn't see a topic that covered this. Apologies if it has, and mods please delete this thread if so.

My question is, how critical is it that the service history is adhered to EXACTLY? I'm looking at a car on Pistonheads that has the following:

23.07.07 - 11,204 - Evans Halshaw Nissan - Full Service

11.12.07 - 20,001 - Evans Halshaw Nissan - Full Service

06.06.08 - 32,625 - Evans Halshaw Nissan - Full Service

01.09.08 - Both CV joints, boots, and rear wheel bearings replaced by Evans Halshaw

It is exactly the colour combo I want, and is cheap (56 plate, GT pack £13k). Would the fact the last service was missed by 3,500 miles and the first by over 2,000 miles put you off buying it??

Thanks in advance!

it wouldn't bother me, its not a ferrari, its a nissan, the services have been done and within a few thousand miles of the service interval.......... no biggee imo

But would have been a major problem if you owned it at that time whilst it was still under warranty and you had a problem with it. ;)

I know what the dealer would have said.

But like you say not a major problem now, though the oil as been in longer than ideal. ;)

it wouldn't bother me, its not a ferrari, its a nissan, the services have been done and within a few thousand miles of the service interval.......... no biggee imo

But would have been a major problem if you owned it at that time whilst it was still under warranty and you had a problem with it. ;)

But like you say not a major problem now, though the oil as been in longer than ideal. ;)

the oil intervals at 9k are very over cautious anyway dave :thumbs: but yes agree about the warranty

the oil intervals at 9k are very over cautious anyway dave :thumbs: but yes agree about the warranty

Especially if you have Amsoil in :scare::lol:

if going by the book, i thought it should be every 9k miles or 12 months.

so first service should have been 9k etc.

i've post a link of this car. just a note it's not a 296bhp model as advertised.

i'm suprised it's on a 56 plate, as facelift i've seen on 06 plates i think

i would have thought if they had stock left over it would have been registered before the facelift.

but as for servicing, i would prefer one close to the book, but this one at least has one every 10k or 12 months etc.

i've post a link of this car. just a note it's not a 296bhp model as advertised.

i would have thought if they had stock left over it would have been registered before the facelift.

What is it then???

I did a search but couldn't see a topic that covered this. Apologies if it has, and mods please delete this thread if so.

My question is, how critical is it that the service history is adhered to EXACTLY? I'm looking at a car on Pistonheads that has the following:

23.07.07 - 11,204 - Evans Halshaw Nissan - Full Service

11.12.07 - 20,001 - Evans Halshaw Nissan - Full Service

06.06.08 - 32,625 - Evans Halshaw Nissan - Full Service

01.09.08 - Both CV joints, boots, and rear wheel bearings replaced by Evans Halshaw

It is exactly the colour combo I want, and is cheap (56 plate, GT pack £13k). Would the fact the last service was missed by 3,500 miles and the first by over 2,000 miles put you off buying it??

Thanks in advance!

I'd buy it, but only under the assumption that the remaining 12 months of the warranty were null and void.

What is it then???

it has the pre facelift interior, i.e. no silver knobs on climate control

and it's not a GT4 anniversary edition.

so it's the pre facelift lower bhp model

that's the one i saw too.

doesn't make sense a pre facelift model being younger than facelift models, such as this facelift 2006 06 plate, as opposed to the one you linked 2006 56 plate:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/757125.htm

i'm not saying it's not genuine, but just seems very strange. i would have thought nissan/dealer would pre register it prior to facelift model, unless someone forgot or it was an old model left in showroom, containter, dock etc etc.