Red Letter days or Track Days?

larsdowg

Hi everyone,

does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a Red Letter type Track Day....... not in my 350Z even though that is tempting.

But maybe a drive in a Nissan GTR35 or a Lambo or something.....

Missus is asking about xmas presents and quite fancy something like this but don't want it to cost the earth

Cheers :D

Local track website. Not sure the nearest track ie Silverstone but check the website as most run their own.

Open up evo mag and the rear ads are full of these types of things at tracks all over the uk (well England.....)

Had a day (actually about 12 minutes!) in an R8 a couple of weekends ago. Superb car and the instructor was pretty relaxed (and a 350Z fan :) ). That was at Prestwold Hall near Loughborough. It was a Virgin 'experience' and cost 100 notes. Not sure about deals though. I would say that if you can stretch to driving 3 or 4 cars on the day it'll be more worthwhile and possibly better value for money. Maybe AA or RAC have discounts?

Had a day (actually about 12 minutes!) in an R8 a couple of weekends ago. Superb car and the instructor was pretty relaxed (and a 350Z fan :) ). That was at Prestwold Hall near Loughborough. It was a Virgin 'experience' and cost 100 notes. Not sure about deals though. I would say that if you can stretch to driving 3 or 4 cars on the day it'll be more worthwhile and possibly better value for money. Maybe AA or RAC have discounts?

think they are doing a deal there for xmas at £75 quid....... its only 4 laps I think.

Petrol runs through my veins so even 4 laps in a car like the R8 or a Lambo would go down a treat! Will have to see if can make it a joint family xmas gift :teeth:

I saw a good one in evo booking for next year. It was 3 cars (2 hours in each I think) through wales and stuff. £400. Not bad at all I though. I think it was a 911, AM V8 and ...... something else!

That sounds like damn good value!

My old dear got me a track experience on her Tesco club card points. Was meant to be about £350 for ~5 laps in a Cayman, Aston V8 Vantage and Forumlar Renault at Thruxton. Was a brill day and well worth it as it only cost my old dear about £80 in vouchers (£1 in vouchers is worth £4 on offers)

I saw a good one in evo booking for next year. It was 3 cars (2 hours in each I think) through wales and stuff. £400. Not bad at all I though. I think it was a 911, AM V8 and ...... something else!

That sounds like damn good value!

My old dear got me a track experience on her Tesco club card points. Was meant to be about £350 for ~5 laps in a Cayman, Aston V8 Vantage and Forumlar Renault at Thruxton. Was a brill day and well worth it as it only cost my old dear about £80 in vouchers (£1 in vouchers is worth £4 on offers)

hmmmm good idea............. might have a look at my Nector points, never even thought of that, I have bloody loads of them so fingers crossed I can spend them on something like that.

cheers for the brainwave :drive1

http://www.nectar.com/rewards/rewardSubCategory.nectar?method=subCategorySearch&RWC=RWC0000040&RWS=RWS0000214#tsr

not read them all yet but, 2 women for 16,700 points seems reasonable!

I wonder is you get them for more than 12 minutes Leroy? ;)

http://www.nectar.com/rewards/generalSe ... ROM0007937

Looks pretty good as well................ must check my points total

:thumbs:

Yep, eXhilaration Choice 2 please :D

I did one for my 21st - I drove a 360 & a Gallardo - You get about 4/5 laps in each & taken out by the instructor aswell.

I found the instructors quite laid back - I even managed a bit of sideways action in the 360 - though not completley intentional :teeth: