Mileage Import

markyp

When my car came over it had about 50km on the clock. I had this expectation that the 50km would magically show up as 28k miles once converted but it doesnt....

Is that normal? Spoke to the importer he said we just change something at the back so any new mileage is reported in miles.

AFAIK it depends on how they were converted. In your current state, your clocks will have done 50,000km, and now the mileage is going on top of that - just now going on a bit slower.

I dont think your clocks can be re-configured, and i guess you'd need documented proof of the mileage at conversion etc inorder to get some new clocks calibrated?

When my car came over it had about 50km on the clock. I had this expectation that the 50km would magically show up as 28k miles once converted but it doesnt....

Is that normal? Spoke to the importer he said we just change something at the back so any new mileage is reported in miles.

I've imported quite a few Zeds and can tell you that it would be unwise to get anyone to tamper/rewind the mileage reading. As part of SVA conversion the speedo is indeed changed to read in miles from that point on and that should be enough. In terms of verifying the mileage at import, the auction report states the speedo reading in kilometres and that is proof enough for anyone that needs convincing of the true mileage of the car.

I've imported quite a few Zeds and can tell you that it would be unwise to get anyone to tamper/rewind the mileage reading. As part of SVA conversion the speedo is indeed changed to read in miles from that point on and that should be enough. In terms of verifying the mileage at import, the auction report states the speedo reading in kilometres and that is proof enough for anyone that needs convincing of the true mileage of the car.

Good advice. :thumbs:

As im going to be out of work in a few weeks I was just thinking I may have to sell her :( :( :( :( didnt want the hassle from the numptys saying well you said 30k miles when it clearly states 50k time after time. But point taken I do have the docs that support the mileage :)