RJN stainless steel brake hoses (NISMO)

hagar

just had this from RJN

"We have managed to source the manufacturer of the NISMO brake lines and have been able to order some direct from them. They should arrive here in about 7-10 days then we will check them to make sure they are right.

The retail price will be £xxx +vat.

Otherwise, I have to wait until mid May for the NISMO order, the hoses are not available to ship until then. The good news is that we will be able to fit them then as our race will be out of the way

"

thought it may be of interest, however, I'm not sure if they want me posting this up or not as they need to check the new lines. Worth giving them a call though if you are interested in the ss lines

I'm with Laguna, Don't make a massive difference for me, but since all of the changes (pads, Fluid and Hoses) the brakes are pretty impressive on track days. Whereas before they didn't last long - 12 minutes appx. It could be that if you only do the pads and fluid then the hoses may have to take all the strain?? and performance could then suffer.

For the minimal cost I would do the hoses if you can afford it and intend to do track days.

yeah its for track day use, the standard fluid boils way too easy as Giles (dark side ;)) found out. Mine boiled too but it was near to end of life anyway (changed for standard today).

I'm hopefully booked in for the 12th which is the day before Goodwood so I'll be in a good position to give feedback from the 13th (so long as I dont hit armco)

• 2 weeks later...