Suspension on imports v UK cars

jas9288

Ive heard rumours that jap imports have a different suspecsion set up to Uk spec cars. Is this true or is it just a rumour? If true what is the difference? Im tempted by the imports as they have a sat nav ( which I know needs converting) and are a lot cheaper. Are there any other known ( not rumoured) differences between the cars?

many thanks for all info

:welcome:

Yes the suspension is different. It was altered for UK roads. Don't buy a JDM purley for the SAT NAV. It is useless in this country and your looking at spending 1k to get it sorted. It's cheaper to buy a aftermarket product like Tom Tom. Also need to consider speed limiter.

Some more answers will be here

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=37

Brake system, rear differential cooling, Gearbox, ECU control, central locking with deadlocks (insurance item), remote opening key fobs (almost impossible to replace without a second mortgage) and last but by no means least the audio system which wont pick up any of the UK radio frequencies without a shifter and they seem to be hit and miss.

UK's cant get auto - JDM's can

JDM's SEEM to be on average about 10bhp more powerful standard than UK

JDM's can be had with non brembo brakes and 17" wheels - but can also be had with exactly the same as UK spec.

De-limiters can be had for about £150 (HKS speed limit defensor)

JDM's will read in kilometers.

They are all made in the same factory at the end of the day :)

UK's hold their value better - but then JDMS are a HELL of a lot cheaper to start with.

any car from uk dealers are over priced ( all makes of cars )

ive had a few jap imported cars with out any problems .

I went for a low mileage good spec jap car as i wonted to do virous mods to it over time and didnt wont to put all my extra money into the dealers pocket

as long as you find a good car at the right price does it matter if its uk or jap at the end of the day its still a 350z :D

any car from uk dealers are over priced ( all makes of cars )

ive had a few jap imported cars with out any problems .

I went for a low mileage good spec jap car as i wonted to do virous mods to it over time and didnt wont to put all my extra money into the dealers pocket

as long as you find a good car at the right price does it matter if its uk or jap at the end of the day its still a 350z :D

I would certainly agree that UK cars are way overpriced .You only have to see what the 350Z retails for in the States about half what it goes for here; where its classed as a budget vehicle and the main owners are students !! :wacko:

With JDM’s

Good points

You don’t have to take off your mods ever time you visit a Nissan dealer (warrantee void)

Your starting price is just above the young Scooby drivers can afford, so when you sell for less you can sell into a new market.

You can drive a car that most people think you paid 30% more for.

You can rip out the crap Bose system and put in a modern sexy system without the feeling that you have just paid £1000 for it.

Your Insurance is the same as UK cars (with some companies)

2 to 3 year old JDM cars are lower mileage (at point of import) than UK cars (they change cars in Japan more often and drive more for status and fun than distance)

Bad points

Your rear bumper has the lorry square number plate

You have Japanese stickers stuck to the underside of the sun visor (and wont come off) that looks like a takeaway menu.

The Bose system on radio works but stations are not written on the read out (like a 15 year old system)

Sat Nav does not work, but if you could get it to work it would guide you only to Pear Harbor

You carry the risk of not having any warrantee (you can take out insurance at £500 per year)

Dealers won’t take them in part exchange for the new 06 model