Pop Quiz... anyone answer some of these for me.... please :)

manc350z

Hello...

Some quick questions.. i tried a search but couldn't find everything so thought i'd throw it open..

Engine types / power

Are there 3 engine types with 287, 300 and 313 bhp... everywhere i read i keep finding references to 280 and 296bhp engines.... also references to the bhp going up on the "300 or is it 296" model from the previous one but torque dropping ..

What does the reference "rev up" engine mean ? (and if anything to do with my next question that would make sense)

Is there any way to get rid of that throttle drop off delay when i lift off ?.. it drives me mad.. i want the revs to drop when i let go of the throttle.. not gradually for 4 seconds after i have released it making clutch lift after a gear change feel dopey and no throttle blips unless you want to wait 4 seconds for the revs to drop back off.. I think it is probably a fuel saving idea.... it reminds me of a 1999 bmw 323ci (2.5 liter) they did the same and were equally as annoying.

Stereo.... Came to my car tonight .. cold after work.. all my radio presets had "done one".. they were working when i parked.. it is the Bose with nav in the GT....

How do Nissan justify 82 quid for the tonneau cover boot divider thing and 80 quid for 2 mats !!!! Does anyone else make a tonneau divider that anyone has found.. there is one on ebay at about 41 + 10 postage. but plenty of interest and near2 days left so will probably go at about 53 (ish) + 10 shipping... even at 63 i think it is rubbish value... i reckon the fabrication cost of these is probably max 20 per unit ....

Any answers comments welcome...

Thanks

Hello...

Some quick questions.. i tried a search but couldn't find everything so thought i'd throw it open..

Engine types / power

Are there 3 engine types with 287, 300 and 313 bhp... everywhere i read i keep finding references to 280 and 296bhp engines.... also references to the bhp going up on the "300 or is it 296" model from the previous one but torque dropping ..

What does the reference "rev up" engine mean ? (and if anything to do with my next question that would make sense)

Is there any way to get rid of that throttle drop off delay when i lift off ?.. it drives me mad.. i want the revs to drop when i let go of the throttle.. not gradually for 4 seconds after i have released it making clutch lift after a gear change feel dopey and no throttle blips unless you want to wait 4 seconds for the revs to drop back off.. I think it is probably a fuel saving idea.... it reminds me of a 1999 bmw 323ci (2.5 liter) they did the same and were equally as annoying.

Stereo.... Came to my car tonight .. cold after work.. all my radio presets had "done one".. they were working when i parked.. it is the Bose with nav in the GT....

How do Nissan justify 82 quid for the tonneau cover boot divider thing and 80 quid for 2 mats !!!! Does anyone else make a tonneau divider that anyone has found.. there is one on ebay at about 41 + 10 postage. but plenty of interest and near2 days left so will probably go at about 53 (ish) + 10 shipping... even at 63 i think it is rubbish value... i reckon the fabrication cost of these is probably max 20 per unit ....

Any answers comments welcome...

Thanks

MY03's have 276 bhp

MY06's & GT4's have the "rev up" engine and 296 bhp

MY07's onwards have the 313 bhp engines

The difference in figures is down to different units e.g some use PS and some BHP.......

No idea about the rev's and stereo......maybe the cold weather wiped the Bose pre-sets??? :headhurt:

Nissan prices for everything are extortionate......some people have made their own..........

:)