Bluetooth usage

smartmove

Never used bluetooth before. I have paired it to the car and can make calls. Now, am I meant to leave Bluetooth switched on my phone permamently or do most people only turn it on when they are in the car? Also, I presume to enable voice dialling I must setup voice tags on my mobile? (HTC Touch Diamond).

I find this system the easiest of any to use and I love the way everything connects as soon as I turn on the ignition, no faffing about. when I had a cold last week it wasn't that cool, I was trying to dial my 'Mum' I think it thought I was asking it to dial my Bum!!! :blush:

I find this system the easiest of any to use and I love the way everything connects as soon as I turn on the ignition, no faffing about. when I had a cold last week it wasn't that cool, I was trying to dial my 'Mum' I think it thought I was asking it to dial my Bum!!! :blush:

You know the answer to that, you shouldn't speak out of your ar$e ;)

I only turn BT on when I'm in the car as I don't use it at all once out of the car. It also drains my battery something rotten but if this isn't an issue for you, probably more convenient to just leave it on. Your phone should just pair up with the Zed as soon as you turn the key, no need to set it up all again just because you have switched BT off/on.

If you are using the BT and voice dialling, that now comes standard with the Zed coupe, you have to store all of your names and numbers into the Zed's BT system, if you want to use the voice control that is. As far as I know it will not use stored numbers that you already have in your phone.

If you have a holder for the phone and are just going to use its controls re-storing all your numbers won't need to be done B)