JDM rear Foglight - info

marzman

Hey guys,

Just an informational post incase anyone has the same problem i did - attached are a couple of pics of my JDM rear foglight.

I failed my MOT lastweek as the foglight bulb was out, but when i tried to reach in and get to the bulb holder there wasnt one... and this is why:

Photo0503.jpg

Photo0504.jpg

Photo0505.jpg

I had to pretty much take the rear bumper off to get this unit out - which was a PITA!

However, as you can clearly see, the red lense can be easily removed which will smarten up the rear end. I think i'll be doing this next week, as i couldn't be bothered walking to town and finding a red bulb, and i already had a regular one :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11530

change the indicators for chrome bulbs while you're in there B)

most people put a clear lens in and a red led bulb - bigphil does both £65 iirc

...my point was that i shouldn't need to buy a clear lens as i can just take this red one off, and silicone round the unit (in the same way it already was).

But Phil, i'll PM you about the bulbs tomorrow...

Man, thats nasty what they do in SVA prep to get a fog light in there! They could have simply added the LED bulb like mine and re-wired the pins to turn it on with fog rather than reverse (as JDMs do). Shame they've hacked your cluster apart otherwise it would have been much smarter.

If I was you, I'd spray the inside of that chrome and fit and LED bulb, will make it look nearly stock B)