Z009 Billing Aquadrome 8th to 10th May

martinmac

I'm doing a National Driver Improvement Course on the 7th and 8th.... :blush:

is that the option you get instead of points on your license? :drive1

Yeah, it is the option as opposed to going to court and getting a fine and points.

Just to give you context to this.

There was an accident that I was not the cause of. A woman turning into a sidestreet and crossing my priority path of travel caused the accident.

An insurance person once told me to remember this: "Speed is not cause for negligence"

It was the womans action that lead to the accident, she made the choice to disregard Highway code.

But I suppose the local constabulary saw an oppertunity to make some money and jumped on it.

I basically then said that even if I may have been driving without due care and attention, I will not admit liability to causing the accident.

I also pointed out that if all the participating insurance companies have agreed that it was the other parties fault and all payments have already been processed, then they cannot be far from wrong.

The officer at the constabulary agreed and said that this will be noted in the file.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I've got the weekend sorted out. I'm coming up on Saturday, and will probably be there after lunch.

I didn’t fancy the tent option and wasn’t going to pay 180 quid for a static, so I’ve booked into the Premier Inn just outside the aquadrome.

See you all there.

What a great venue for a meet. There is plenty of food and drink on site. The speedbumps arent too bad. There are a lot of cars here already so the numbers are looking good.

Off for some refreshments now but I will post up some pics tomorrow. :teeth:

Martin I'm not going to make it up today, it's first leg of the play off and I want to put myself through more agony watching that! It is a good place for a show when it is dry, enjoy it :thumbs:

What a fantastic day and a great turnout. 12 from here which was a result.

If anyone is free tomorrow the forecast is great, pop along.

The new banners looked great.

Well done Caroline, just joined the forum and turned up for a meet already. I was great to meet you and hopefully the ESP problem should be sorted. :thumbs:

Our guys

164.jpg

One for Nurrish.

160.jpg

Great to meet some new guys and girls today, the birthday banners for the 240z were a nice touch :)

Looking forward to some more decent weather tomorrow and taking a lot more piccies. :thumbs:

Will post mine when Ive got them onto the pc :)

Nice to meet you all!

Sorry I couldn't stay long, busy busy! But a big thanks to everyone for helping me out with the little niggles.

I've turned the ESP off in the meantime, until I get the tracking sorted. And Martin, thanks for the hood cover tip, I put WD40 on the hood as soon as I got home and it seems to have worked :yahoo:

I'll make another meet ASAP. Have a good evening, and day tomorrow! :D