350Z Dyno'ed NOW WITH RESULTS SHEETS

neodc

It was at a place near Sleaford, I have the results to post but not near my of at the min, was a warm day and they didn't put a massive fan infront which I was a bit disapponted with. I don't know what machine they used to test it :(

No fan? That's just poor and very amateurish, and I certainly wouldn't go back there again. Name and shame methinks.

There's nothing you can do to set your car up any better for a dyno other than the obvious i.e. make sure all your fluids are correct and... *lightbulb on* wait, you didn't have the air-con on, did you? That'd kill some power from the parasitic loss.

Guest prescience
It was at a place near Sleaford, I have the results to post but not near my of at the min, was a warm day and they didn't put a massive fan infront which I was a bit disapponted with. I don't know what machine they used to test it :(

Results are low but not too amazingly low to be dismissed.

If you don't know ........ who else does? Hopefully you didn't pay good money simply for the dyno operators to give their drums a workout. And if you did, go back and get what you paid for - no excuses :dry:

Really? Interesting. I'm not sure if I'd consider that to be a good thing or not really, as Id' like to think that, despite all the electronic gadgetry in the car, I still have some control over the little things like if I want the a/c on or not.

Just a thought, but if the TPS is slightly off and only seeing the throttle open 95% under WOT, would it still shut the a/c off?

Graphs look okay, what gear were the runs done in? Was that the only run they did, or did they do a couple and see which was best?

I would imagine the lack of power is down to zero airflow as they put no fan at the front, as the lines look fine.

it was done in 4th gear, am i about 20hp short of expected ? the front of the car was in a closed area with no airflow.

Was the bonnet at least up? That is a bit poor as it does restrict airflow if the bonnect is down and there is no fan.

Also, not heard of a DYNOmite dyno before, might be worth doing a bit of googling and see if they tend to over or under read compared to others. Dyno Dyamics are what most people get them tested on, they seem to be the most consistent.

with popcharger and plenum spacer on 98ron fuel...i got 244@wheels with dynapack and 223lb/ft torque.

the best way to measure is at the wheels...the dynapack system attached to the rear hubs and measures the performance....i had mine done at TDI @ thurrock??

you are looking at about 12-16% loss approx from crank power to wheels on the 350z.

loss% was estimated from readings of more than 8 different cars at the dyno day and it was standard across the models (276,300,313).

with popcharger and plenum spacer on 98ron fuel...i got 244@wheels with dynapack and 223lb/ft torque.

the best way to measure is at the wheels...the dynapack system attached to the rear hubs and measures the performance....i had mine done at TDI @ thurrock??

you are looking at about 12-16% loss approx from crank power to wheels on the 350z.

loss% was estimated from readings of more than 8 different cars at the dyno day and it was standard across the models (276,300,313).

That sounds more like it. TDi are a very reputable company too :thumbs:

Just thought I would chip in, not an expert on 350z but on many cars aftermarket induction kits actually cost you power, especially the type that terminate in an exposed intake filter just lying around under the bonnet drawing hot air. They are less efficient than the manufacturers standard air box. Just something to think about.

yup dan is right, my popcharger lost me power, wne the guy pulled it out of the bonnet, it gained 10bhp back str8

wow, that's not what i expected to hear.

i wonder in the real world of normal roads, if it looses power too?