07 vs 57 engine dilema

smartmove

Wow

At least your getting your money's worth

well yes but its mostly boring motorway miles only enlightened by Lakes, Welsh and Scottish Hoon runs :teeth:B)

I intend to keep the damn thing as long as possible maybe even 19 years like my Beetle! :blush: Lets face it it will be worth about 25pence after all these miles! :surrender:

I recon you will get a good deal now - with all the doom and gloom on the telly etc!! Probably buy an Aston now for the same money!

good luck with it matey and let us know how you get on?

Failing that just buy an Import :thumbs: Lot cheaper B)

I recon you will get a good deal now - with all the doom and gloom on the telly etc!! Probably buy an Aston now for the same money!

good luck with it matey and let us know how you get on?

Failing that just buy an Import :thumbs: Lot cheaper B)

Off to chance my luck at Evans Halshaw Nissan on Friday ;) Will let you know how I get on

I seem to have a phobia against the thought of buying an import. Gotta be a UK car.

if you could get a new 313, definately.

for me newer is always nicer and better ;-)

i'm on a tight budget and can't put much towards a change (as just got married and still paying bills for that), so for me it will be an early version. although in a similar dilemma, and have seen some 297 versions for a little more and is tempting (but probably have to do the right thing and hang fire for a bit). even between the 278 and 296, i know many say the performance isn't really noticeable, but it's the thought of higher bhp, nice switch gears etc.

but the 313 would be ace as it's revised some what from what i have heard

Even though I don't have mine I do have the odd nosey to see how prices are - in case they become cheap enough as a 2nd car ;)

Dunno if this is relevant but seems to be up your street.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/723967.htm

Probably cheaper as most of them seem to have Nav.

Keep checking autotrader etc. I've seen the odd 313 turn up on there at dealers around the £20k mark (saw one orange one at 19995 at a Nissan dealer).

I think that redline one was up for £24-25k when I got rid of mine (May) so you can see how values have been hammered. The dealer told me they were dropping £600 a month on trade prices.

The Redline one is tempting but the p/x valuation was a little dissapointing (can't be that desperate to sell cars). There is another at a local Evans Halshaw but I am not sure how generous large dealers are with regards to p/x when compared to smaller garages?

Even though I don't have mine I do have the odd nosey to see how prices are - in case they become cheap enough as a 2nd car ;)

Dunno if this is relevant but seems to be up your street.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/723967.htm

Probably cheaper as most of them seem to have Nav.

Keep checking autotrader etc. I've seen the odd 313 turn up on there at dealers around the £20k mark (saw one orange one at 19995 at a Nissan dealer).

I think that redline one was up for £24-25k when I got rid of mine (May) so you can see how values have been hammered. The dealer told me they were dropping £600 a month on trade prices.

makes me feel i should hang fire on looking and save a bit more and hope prices become more favourable as a buyer.

that one on PH is £17k something.

just hope my TT holds it's corner

I've been checking down the backs of sofas, busking etc... and have managed to stretch the finances that little bit more. If I can get a half-decent p/x value on my car I can now look at models up to £25k. But, if I am going to stretch myself for that one price I want a 08 model with less than 5k miles on it. The search begins next week! Given up trying to sell privately now, a lot of time wasters out there!

Seems a great price for the below. The description of "300 GT" must be wrong as it has the hump on the boot so must be a 313?

http://www.carshop.co.uk/used-cars/view ... 300-gt-3dr

Heard bad things about these car supermarkets but presumably any mechanical issues that may crop up would just be dealt with by any Nissan dealer under warranty anyway so I need have nothing more to do with the above dealer once I have the car?

Seems a great price for the below. The description of "300 GT" must be wrong as it has the hump on the boot so must be a 313?

http://www.carshop.co.uk/used-cars/view ... 300-gt-3dr

Heard bad things about these car supermarkets but presumably any mechanical issues that may crop up would just be dealt with by any Nissan dealer under warranty anyway so I need have nothing more to do with the above dealer once I have the car?

looks a good one. wish i had a budget of that