Most popular colour in UK? Advice

Resonate

Hi Guys,

I test drove a 350Z last saturday and now want one.

My ideal colour would be black but i also like the blue.

Can anyone tell me what the sales percentage in order of popularity is in the UK?

The reason I ask this is that I cant find a black in the rite price/condition at the minute and im not a patient guy!

I have been to see a chilli pepper red one and he described it as a "rare" colour and I certainly havnt seen many, i wasnt that taken by the colour myself. Having looked at the nissan website the only colour that is not a 450 quid option is the red! I take it from this the colour is unpopular and noone wants it? Hes certainly been tying to sell it for a while.

I have also got the oppurtunity to buy a Gunmetal Grey Mar 05 GT Pack, 8200 miles (due a serice though, few stone chips and slight scratch to one alloy) for 21k. Seems a bloody good price to me even though its not my choice colour cold maybe trade it in for around that in 6 months for a 2006??

So if anyone can helkp me with the colour popularity/demand in the UK I could make a more informed decision.

Cheers

Res

From my limited experience, it seems that Blue is certainly one of the most popular colours, followed by gunmetal, then and blade(silver) or Kuro (black)

The black certainly looks the part when polished up, though with any darker colour, its keeping it that way that poses the problem!

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what the sales percentage in order of popularity is in the UK?

The reason I ask this is that I cant find a black in the rite price/condition at the minute and im not a patient guy!

I have been to see a chilli pepper red one and he described it as a "rare" colour and I certainly havnt seen many, i wasnt that taken by the colour myself. Having looked at the nissan website the only colour that is not a 450 quid option is the red! I take it from this the colour is unpopular and noone wants it? Hes certainly been tying to sell it for a while.

I have also got the oppurtunity to buy a Gunmetal Grey Mar 05 GT Pack, 8200 miles (due a serice though, few stone chips and slight scratch to one alloy) for 21k. Seems a bloody good price to me even though its not my choice colour cold maybe trade it in for around that in 6 months for a 2006??

So if anyone can helkp me with the colour popularity/demand in the UK I could make a more informed decision.

Cheers

Res

Im my opinion the best thing to do is wait for the right car/colour to come along. I was adamant that I wanted a Kuro and waited for nearly 3 months for the car I wanted to come along. In the meantime I lost a £500 deposit on a blade that I talked myself into buying just cos I wanted a Zed, but when looking at it I was'nt happy with it and never would of been. I was happy to lose £500 and get the car I wanted! I was prepared to pay £22.5k for my Zed and it was buring a massive hole in my pocket! Then one Saturday morning I spotted a Zed on the Autotrader, Kuro, Sat Nav, 19k miles, Rays and Alezan all for £19995!!!!! I phoned the dealer (He had'nt even uploaded the picture yet!) asap went straight down from Brum to Stansted and came back in my dream Zed!!!So by waiting I saved myself £2.5!!!

THE RIGHT CAR AT THE RIGHT PRICE IS OUT THERE - JUST DEPENDS HOW LONG YOU WANT TO WAIT!!! :thumbs:

Thanks for the replies.

Yeh thats the problem I dont want to wait lol.

I have just sold my beloved Fiat Coupe which I have owned for several years and now I must replace it ASAP.

Im getting sick of crusing around in a Vectra lol.

personally, I'd never seen a red but after seeing some of the photos I think it looks great on a Z......

One way to look at it is that the fact that there are less of them means that when you come to sell it that there are less around, therefore someone looking for one is more likely to buy? :)

Just an idea, but as said.... .you need to decide which colour "floats your boat"..... I like black, but couldn't face washing it every day and the dreaded "swirl marks".....which seem to affect black more than anything else... :blush:

The black certainly looks the part when polished up, though with any darker colour, its keeping it that way that poses the problem!

Couldn't agree more :D

Black looks totally unique when polished up, I can't believe the amount of looks/stares and "look at that beauty"'s that I get :teeth:

But that's about 5% of the time in winter, and say 40% in summer. In winter it turns into a two-tone GM after the motorway miles B)

do not get black!!!

Did you not do physics at school? Black is a low frequency colour so it absorbs light, thus energy. This transfers to lower actual performance and mpg. Gun Metal is a high frequency colour and reflects light, it therefore absorbs less energy and is good for around 5-10bhp in real world driving

Did you not do physics at school? Black is a low frequency colour so it absorbs light, thus energy. This transfers to lower actual performance and mpg. Gun Metal is a high frequency colour and reflects light, it therefore absorbs less energy and is good for around 5-10bhp in real world driving

LOL :yahoo:

Don't be hasty when buying a 350Z - now (and the next 3-6 months) is the perfect time to find a bargain as the MY06 facelift version is now available to order and starting to arrive, so the original MY03 values may drop a little (this is already evident).

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Res

The red one wasn't in Doncaster by any chance was it?