Found a part!!

RussMan

hi all,

Just got my 2007 new model Z back from the dealer after complaining about a noisy clutch.

They ended up replacing the clutch and a bearing set in the gearbox so bout parts were removed and then new clutch and bearings and returned to me.

Since i got the car back the i noticed initially that gear selection was difficult especially when going slow. A few days later i started to hear a rattle from the gear lever which was as if something was loss.

I decided to take off the gator and gear knob and take a look.

This part... The image i attached.

It was sitting on the top of the gear lever and just didn't fit.

Anyone know what part it is?

http://picasaweb.google.com/russell.arm ... 2746625362

I've taken it out and reassembled and the noise is gone so confirmed that was the problem.

However the stiff gear changes remain. Car is due in dealer tomorrow but i'd like your input before i go ahead again with this if they are well off the mark with this part?

Cheers

RussMan

Thanks... The piece in the picture is aluminium though. i'll try upload a side profile.

Does that ring any bells as to what it could be.? going to nissan shortly to leave the car in so would appreciate any quick replies.

Thanks

Russ

Inside the OEM shift knob you will find the rubber seal that I refer to.

If you dig that out you will find iether a small metal bush or two metal spring washers ;)

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Really need help here!

Have just got the Z back and gear selecton although slightly better is still crap going from 5th to 6th... The gear stick slides to far right when moving from 5th the 6th and i have to move slightly left to get it down into 6th which leads me further to believe that this part i've found is supposed to prevent going from 5th straight into reverse as mentioned by 3FIDDYZ.

Does anyone have a microfiche of this area so i can get this sorted as Nissan are really starting to P** me off. I want my Z back to its normal glory.

I'd really appreciate some more feedback if possible please?

Thanks

Russ

Hi,

Really need help here!

Have just got the Z back and gear selecton although slightly better is still crap going from 5th to 6th... The gear stick slides to far right when moving from 5th the 6th and i have to move slightly left to get it down into 6th which leads me further to believe that this part i've found is supposed to prevent going from 5th straight into reverse as mentioned by 3FIDDYZ.

Does anyone have a microfiche of this area so i can get this sorted as Nissan are really starting to P** me off. I want my Z back to its normal glory.

I'd really appreciate some more feedback if possible please?

Thanks

Russ

No point in beating yourself up over this.

Take it back to the Dealers and tell them in no uncertain terms to get it sorted.