Large Exhaust Tips

ClarCE

Evening,

I've had an idea on sorting my Scorpion exhaust out without sending it back and paying for fitting again... Scorpion said they'd change it no problem, but to be honest I can't be bothered.

So I was thinking earlier about what I could do..

The Scorpion bore is 4" / 101.6 mm. If I could find an exhaust trim of at least 1mm more that either bolts / clamps or welds on I could get it looking good at the right length each side.

Problem is looking at it - I can get something thats 5" but the bolts are only good for a diameter half the size of the Scorpion bore..

Anyone had any experience of this? I also thought maybe someone who fabricates this stuff might be able to make something...

A long shot I know, but don't know unless you ask ;)

Cheers,

Chris.

I changed the tips on a BMW 530d. I went and got some cheap bolt on tips but they only lasted a few weeks before rusting and then they started to rattle around.

I then went to a exhaust company and i got 2 x 4inch tips welded on(£90) and they were perfect, never rusted and looked amazing so your answer is to go for it. :D:D