changing brake fluid

hagar

just out of interest how easy is this, its a job I've never even bothered with before. However as I want to ensure I know the brake fluid in my car is the brake fluid I asked for (not that I dont trust stealers ;))

how easy is this?

just out of interest how easy is this, its a job I've never even bothered with before. However as I want to ensure I know the brake fluid in my car is the brake fluid I asked for (not that I dont trust stealers ;))

how easy is this?

dead easy :thumbs: untill you snap a bleed nipple off!!! :scare: Then your in a real world of pain :wacko:

best leave it to those that can :)

yeah bit like snapping the bleed nipple on the missus.

I'm a careful man but do not trust dealers at all, had too many bad experiences with them which is why I bought that ODBII reader teh other day to make sure that if the car goes in with a code it comes out without that code etc

Also I bett 100 quid when I have my P2 that even though it says to replace pollen filters etc that this wont be done, hence this thread (and a few more to come ;))

yeah bit like snapping the bleed nipple on the missus.

I'm a careful man but do not trust dealers at all, had too many bad experiences with them which is why I bought that ODBII reader teh other day to make sure that if the car goes in with a code it comes out without that code etc

Also I bett 100 quid when I have my P2 that even though it says to replace pollen filters etc that this wont be done, hence this thread (and a few more to come ;))

Why dont you just take it to an independant garage that you trust, better than going to main dealers all the time :thumbs:

it wont affect the warranty as long as the garage is vat registered and genuine parts are used

thats the thing just moved here so dont know who to trust ;)

There was a garage up the road I used to use a few years back before I moved away so I'll give them a tinkle

yes best to have a word and see if you feel confident with the mechanic who will work on your car,at main dealers its often difficult or impossible to find out who they will let loose on your pride and joy..! ;)

we dont need main dealer service history, just service history as when required and to the same as manufacturers standards/equiv parts.

I'm using my local main dealer this time as the price isnt too bad i suppose plus if I supply my own dot5 they'll use that, any arguments with warranty as a result I'll just say if thats the csae the dealer should not have fitted my part

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a P2 service the other day at one of the main dealers near me. It cost £166, not bad; I was quoted £235+ at other main dealers. BUT when I collected the car the brakes were spongy (brake fluid had been changed) they had left off the plastic cover which locates over the cylinder AND they managed to spill brake fluid on the bonnet, which has eaten into the paint. Took it back and complained. They took it straight into the workshop sorted the brakes and got the body shop guys to look at it. There going to try to polish it out but think it may be too deep and may have to be resprayed it. Oh and by the way, they managed to spill fluid on the car again, this time it fell on the headlamp glass and didnt touch the paintwork thank god.

Ho Hum :thumbdown:

Just had a P2 service the other day at one of the main dealers near me. It cost £166, not bad; I was quoted £235+ at other main dealers. BUT when I collected the car the brakes were spongy (brake fluid had been changed) they had left off the plastic cover which locates over the cylinder AND they managed to spill brake fluid on the bonnet, which has eaten into the paint. Took it back and complained. They took it straight into the workshop sorted the brakes and got the body shop guys to look at it. There going to try to polish it out but think it may be too deep and may have to be resprayed it. Oh and by the way, they managed to spill fluid on the car again, this time it fell on the headlamp glass and didnt touch the paintwork thank god.

bloody hell mate! nightmare! :surrender:

see how it goes for the dealer to sort it out, otherwise name and shame! :angry:

sounds like a load of muppets. Hope they sort it out so it's as good as new. I'd insist on resray and not justb a cheap wax and polish. I'd be livid with them.