I am now a DISQUALIFIED Driver.

Mr A

How did they get you, if you don't mind me asking?

the 100+ mph, i got caught by traffic officers in an unmarked bmw, they sat me down and showed me the recording.

the 70mph in a 40mph zone, i got caught by a copper hiding behind a tree with a speed detection device (speed gun), when i asked the officer if he should have been hiding behind a bush and then jumping out like someone from a "police academy" movie, he started giving me the whole "im an officer, ill arrest you if i want, so shut up and do what i tell you" attitude.

Gees lighting does strike twice!

I don't understand why you should get points added again after you've been disqualified?! although if it cuts down the ban then i'm all for it!

I got caught on Anglesey doing 70 in a 40, got 6 pts and £150 fine.

Its a real shame what they've done putting all the 40 limits in on some fantastic roads :mad: its not like there are any pedestrians around

Mind you, the cop did comment that I was 'shifting a bit going down the hill' before he caught me slowing down.... :lol:

I don't understand why you should get points added again after you've been disqualified?! although if it cuts down the ban then i'm all for it!

I got caught on Anglesey doing 70 in a 40, got 6 pts and £150 fine.

Its a real shame what they've done putting all the 40 limits in on some fantastic roads :mad: its not like there are any pedestrians around

Mind you, the cop did comment that I was 'shifting a bit going down the hill' before he caught me slowing down.... :lol:

:lol: When i got laser'd I was freewheeling in neutral after hitting 1*5 mph a mile or two down the line :lol:

I do agree that points, ban and a fine is harsh, usually its 2 out of the 3. I was chuffed to get the ban as 6 points would of stuck me on 9 points and on the verge of a 12 month automatic ban for totting up :blush:

I got clocked under 'heavy' braking at 111mph and got given a 56day ban and £450 fine but no points. Although at the time I spotted the sneaky pol's hiding on a slip road I was off the clock... that was my first and only offence and am now a reformed driver :teeth:

did you have to do your test again?

• 3 months later...
let us know what you said in case we need to copy! :lol:

Just told him the truth, also mentioned that my wife is expecting so im always taking her to hospital appointments and stuff, judge took that into account mostly.

Also, i have a brother who is disabled, so im always taking him out and to the doctors.

So i think he realised that i had it pretty hard already and also mentioned that i sold the porsche ages ago, he asked what i bought, i told him i bought 2 family cars, a nissan & a mazda for the wife. He said "good boy, you seem to have taken your role as a family man very seriously".

He would have flipped if i told him i actually bought a 350z & rx-8.

Haha sorry to bumo this old thread but this cracked me up! Legend