Advantages and Disadvantages of an import

jonah

200 for me too :D + u dont get that uggggly ass long number plate!

-1 any car with an import cries out i cant afford a uk car :headhurt:

u know that ;), but in every other case JDM cars were always more desired, more power, more options. they aint got a clue that 350zs are opposite way round :p sooo people think im driving around in the same priced car as every1 else ;) win :)

i love my JDM to bits!, dont think id feel any different with a UK spec :)

If you were going to modify the engine i.e turbo id get a Jap import so much easier to mod than U.K. The ECU on the U.K is incredibly tricky to bypass, to the extent you pay 5k for a turbo then you have to spend an extra 1500k to mess about with the ecu so it does not reset itself to the stock bhp. Jap imports are incredibly easy to tune. I dont agree with the comment that a jap import cries out you cant afford a U.K car, sorry mate but had I gone back in time I wouldnt of purchased a UK 350z I would of gone import

I wanted a unique 350Z....so I imported a Fairlady Z Type G in interlagos fire. I've had a UK Blade GT from new.... makes no odds where the car comes from, they are all made in Japan. The only difference really is the indicator stalk is on the right hand side. :-)

All the other differences can be sorted and most of them have to be as part of the SVA tests. e.g. speedo, alarm, fog light.

I never realised my stalk was on a different side to a UK one - wonder why?

its okay Nixy, 50% of people wouldnt of known that dont beat yourself up, its called being a woman... lol

Shut up you. :p does seem an odd thing to do though when the japanese cars are right hand drive same as uk. You'd think they'd just make a decision where to put it and that would be that.