Advice on Newcastle night life

tmJak

I'm going to ESR next Friday (12th) :yahoo: Anyone else going up that day?

Can anyone recommend good restaurants / bars / hotels in Newcastle - I've never been which is a bit embarrasing considering I'm 25! I'm after good food, chilled out bar and somewhere classy to stay - sort of like a ramada or mcdonald type hotel. Could plan in over google but always appreciate a little local knowledge.

Cheers in advance

I've never been which is a bit embarrasing considering I'm 25!

Why? :wacko:

There are lots of places i have not been too in the uk but have seen a large part of the world. ;)

It's meant to be one of the best nights out in the UK / North. I'm just trying to get down with the kids :p

Just checked it on Google Maps - quite local. Not after a mad night, just wanting posh meal, couple of drinks, retire ;)

For that its got to be Osborne Road is Jesmond. Plenty of hotels, good pubs / atmosphere. Quick taxi to the Bigg Market for a variety of clubs if you want.

I miss the toon!

Just checked it on Google Maps - quite local. Not after a mad night, just wanting posh meal, couple of drinks, retire ;)

For that its got to be Osborne Road is Jesmond. Plenty of hotels, good pubs / atmosphere. Quick taxi to the Bigg Market for a variety of clubs if you want.

I miss the toon!

Sounds good, cheers. Anywhere in particular you'd recommend for food? Not mithered what type as long as it's high quality. May need to book with it being Friday. . .

dude ermm oldfields is now called cherry tree... got its refurb finished about 4-5 months ago.... if your heading down to Osbourne road then your best bet is a restraunt called louis...71-73 osbourne road.... very very popular place atm... very posh and i think they have a website..all the bars around there means its gonna be a good night with all the students coming back aswell :D... ermm also u could try cafe 21 or picalino's on quayside... picalinos being my favourite place... if u went for the latter 2 you could also stay at malmaison hotel which is about a 5 minutes walk from their....

ps whitley back is ermmm skanky women imho lol

-ho

dude ermm oldfields is now called cherry tree... got its refurb finished about 4-5 months ago.... if your heading down to Osbourne road then your best bet is a restraunt called louis...71-73 osbourne road.... very very popular place atm... very posh and i think they have a website..all the bars around there means its gonna be a good night with all the students coming back aswell :D... ermm also u could try cafe 21 or picalino's on quayside... picalinos being my favourite place... if u went for the latter 2 you could also stay at malmaison hotel which is about a 5 minutes walk from their....

ps whitley back is ermmm skanky women imho lol

-ho

Cheers Ho, appreciated. Will see if I can book into the restuarants tmoz :thumbs:

i apologise for my typing yesterday... i was pretty high on meds and slept for like 20 hours....

louis... good food.. service is unbeatable and the decor is very modern

cafe 21..food is excellent and service is great... can be very very busy so standards can drop a bit which is a shame... its a Terry leighbourne restraunt though so it should be good..

picallinos... food is great aswell..service is about the best i have ever experienced and i would go there anyday..

generally those 3 restaurants come to about £25-£30 quid a head without much alcohol...

another place to consider if your going down osbourne road is francesca's... you cant book...but its packed everynight... the service is pretty good.. food is pretty good...but the atmosphere in their really sets it apart from any other restaurant..usually comes to about £15 quid a head in their...

hotels i can suggest are....

hilton on quayside... staff are friendly....rooms are clean and very tidy

mal maison quayside... about the best place to stay.. very modern minimalist styling everywhere in the building and the rooms are great...

marriot in gosforth.... luxury....enough said really

i really cant tell you how much i hate whitley bay..very skanky women but in fairness the drinks are cheaper than newcastle but there's alot less clubs to choose from..

if your in town then i suggest your find a place called revolution...famous for it's racks of shots...think you get about 6 per rack and theres about 200 flavours to choose from...the decor is very modern again but with kinda roman touches to the ceiling and walls....

next door to that is apartments...very nice place to have a few...nice women generally go in their aswell ;)

if you ventured that way then rocafella restaurant you could consider aswell... opened by the winner of hells kitchen...terry something or another.. very good on seafood..restaurant is a little bit small... (i think 10 tables max) but the service is fairly good but the atmosphere is very chilled and intimate...

hope this helps.... neways.. i think im back off to sleep....

-ho

Cheers again Ho - that's the kind of local knowledge I was after. I'm booked into Louis' and the Marriot. Don't think we're making a long night of it, so will prob find a bar near to the restaurant for a few g and t's before retiring. No point in getting a nice hotel if you're gonna spend all night out ;)

Where's your takeaway?