Bloody BOSE!

Traktion

Its the head unit - and apparently the issue has been corrected on the stereos now - so a NEW unit should correct the problem, its the convincing of the dealer to order (and make sur they get) a NEW one - and not one that has been returned previously and checked as OK on a bench.

Ive sent the email I received from bose when I questioned this issue (before I bougt the car) to those who have requested it, it may assist in convincing any dealer to ask for a new unit.

I think it is to do with the cd laser pickup going out of line - but dont quote me on that. LOL.

Its been taken out and sent off to see whats wrong with it............gonna take 10 days! Oh well ill just have to listen to the soundtrack of the v6!

Lets hope they dont try it on!

They already have tried it on mate!!!!!!!!!! :scare::rant::rant:

Why the hell did you let them take your HU and not give you a replacement? Why should you go one second without your HU cos its being sent off to Nissan? Its not your fault that its not upto standard. They tried to do this with me and I demanded a replacement whilst mine was being sent off!

• 1 month later...
does anyone know whether if you ditch the bose head unit you can still use the amp/woofer.

I like the sound but think the H/U is very simplistic. I want something that will controle my iPod. but dont really want the cost of new amp etc

The amp takes a 'mid level' input ie less than speaker input but more than RCA output. Not likely to find something I don't think.......

does anyone know whether if you ditch the bose head unit you can still use the amp/woofer.

I like the sound but think the H/U is very simplistic. I want something that will controle my iPod. but dont really want the cost of new amp etc

Nana Moon has done it with a couple of adaptors, PM him for details.

Just a little update on my BOSE experience:

They've replaced my HU 5 weeks ago and up to today it worked fine. It looked like a new one, as it was in mint condition. I'll check whether it was a repaired or a new one next week.

However, today the problem occured again... No CD sound from the left speaker. After slamming on the side of the centre console it worked again, but not too happy about it.

I think it's time to give up on the BOSE and go for aftermarket..... Probably the whole sytem will be replaced.

Just a little update on my BOSE experience:

They've replaced my HU 5 weeks ago and up to today it worked fine. It looked like a new one, as it was in mint condition. I'll check whether it was a repaired or a new one next week.

However, today the problem occured again... No CD sound from the left speaker. After slamming on the side of the centre console it worked again, but not too happy about it.

I think it's time to give up on the BOSE and go for aftermarket..... Probably the whole sytem will be replaced.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWN%3AIT This is what nana moon used to swop the Bose

Am currently in discussion with Nissan GB about getting a brand new Bose for my 05 GT4 (am currently on a replacement, refurbished Bose atm).

They are being very obtuse and very unhelpful!

My first one skipped, my replacement skips, ignores CDs one day and plays them the next and the left hand side speakers started cutting out intermittently, now cut out virtually all the time!

Anyone got any advice on how to get a brand new one off them?

Will this email that people are mentioning help?

Mine is in tomorrow so I expect another argument with the dealer about it. My right channel has died now!

Any ammo would be helpful! If anyone has anything that could be useful please send it to me. My email address is in my profile!