Bloody BOSE!

Traktion

After reading about it happening on numerous other zeds, my left channel has stopped working when I'm playing CDs. The radio works fine, but the CD started to cut out on Sunday and by Monday I didn't get a peep out of the left CD channel (unless you count a horrible, quiet, distorted sound if you wack the volume right up) on a decent 50 mile run. :angry:

It looks like I'm going to have to do battle with Nissan on this one and try to get a new one fitted (an MP3 one would be nice - don't fancy my chances though! ;) ). Any advice on how to tackle them with this one?

why wait a few weeks? Insist they take it out, get the serial number, and then put it back then to call you when the replacement is back!

I am pi**ed off with the cold skipping but my left channel hasnt yet failed so I am a bit worried of going for a replacement, apparantly they were just using other returned ones not new ones for replacements?!?

Yes - you need to insist on a new one. Not a refurb model.

I think I have an email at home somewhere from BOSE that admit to a fault being rectified on newer manufactured units - if I can find it Ill forward it to you - it may help in justifying a brand new unit and not simply a refurb.

Chesterfield - that would be great if you could find it!

My car is a 53 model and it skipped during the colder winter months until the car was properly warmed up, but it's only just started having the left channel issues. As my warranty will be expiring at the end of the summer (I may extend it though), I don't want to have a refurb unit which then fails some time after my warranty expires! :thumbdown:

I'll see how they react to me insisting on a new one.

BOSE....

Better Off with Something Else

I don't get the BOSE bashing - I love mine. :D

Same here. Really like mine to. I wonder whether its because of the sub woofer things sound better. Not heard a non GT Bose.

Me too. Bose are a quality manufacturer, certainly in the speaker dept, not too sure about their head units but never had any probs with mine.

Bose are anything but quality, sorry.

Cheap components, overly marketed, overpriced cr@p.

Just look on Google for endless complaints.

could someone post or email me the BOSE email mentioned above?

I'm going to go to the dealers and put in a claim for a new model as I'm fed up with the skipping.

Also how do you know if they give you a new one or a refurb?

• 3 months later...
After reading about it happening on numerous other zeds, my left channel has stopped working when I'm playing CDs. The radio works fine, but the CD started to cut out on Sunday and by Monday I didn't get a peep out of the left CD channel (unless you count a horrible, quiet, distorted sound if you wack the volume right up) on a decent 50 mile run. :angry:

It looks like I'm going to have to do battle with Nissan on this one and try to get a new one fitted (an MP3 one would be nice - don't fancy my chances though! ;) ). Any advice on how to tackle them with this one?

Had the same problem Left side nothing, but worked with Radio and Tape. Still under warranty so dealers could fix the problem.

They took out my head unit and sent it away to be repaired or if not repaired a new one. After driving around with no music drove me made but enjoyed the sound of the car.

After 4 days got a phone call saying that i was getting a different head unit that wrked. Was a bit unsure about it but if wrked cant complain, just worried that it was going to be an old looking one.

Brought car for them to fit, when i came to see it was like they put a New one in. Even felt new and unmarked everywhere, head unit was perfect and wrked. :thumbs:

Got the same prob with the left channel not working and skipping when cold. Ive got a 53 plate car, its going to the dealer on tues to have it sorted..........might need someone to send me email if they start messing me about!

ill let you know the outcome!

changed mine 4 times, gave up and bought a new headunit!! oh the joys of having music in both ears! :)

Didn't they start checking the rest of the components, like the amps, wire and speaker itself?! There's quite a few bits for it to go through once the signal has left the head unit.......

changed mine 4 times, gave up and bought a new headunit!! oh the joys of having music in both ears! :)

Didn't they start checking the rest of the components, like the amps, wire and speaker itself?! There's quite a few bits for it to go through once the signal has left the head unit.......

No cos they wrked fine with Radio and Tape.