Zed Fest Update

Steve Burns

ZED - FEST 08

Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12 - 14 September 2008.

Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Mansfield Road, Calverton, Notts. NG14 6HP

Latest Update

Car awards

This Year the Z club has decided to open its Best Zeds Awards to all comers whether they are a Club member or not. These Awards will be for the following classes

Best 240Z, 260Z, 260Z 2+2,280ZX, 280ZX 2+2, 300ZX (Z31), 300ZX (Z32), 300ZX 2+2, and 350Z

There will also be an award for people’s choice of show

Also this year it has been decided that everybody who attends the show will be able to vote regardless whether they are a Z club member or not

Voting forms will be issued as you enter from the entrance marquee over the Saturday and Sunday and placed in the ballot box by 2PM Sunday

The Z Club Car show Awards will be held at 3PM Sunday.

Saturday night

Saturday night will be one to remember. Our very own DJZ will be playing background music throughout the event and will excel himself on Saturday night with a magnificent disco, laser and smoke show. And on top of all this, local trio 'Time Zone’ will play music from the 50's/60's together with Rock & Roll and the more modern hits.

Quiz

A quiz will be held in the early evening hosted by Andy and Saz with medallions to the winning team.

Fancy Dress

A number of people are intending to go in fancy dress so if you are bold enough to let people have laugh at you at your expense why not why not make a complete fool of your self and join in the fun. There is no competition only your own satisfaction of giving other people a laugh.

Catering

Catering will be available, ranging from full plated breakfasts, roast dinner, burgers, hot dogs, chips, baked potatoes etc and again this will be available while there is a demand. I am told that all prices will be affordable.

Of course you can still bring your own food and bbq if you wish

Bar

There will be a beer tent on site and it will remain open until people stop spending.

Again feel free to bring your own refreshments to ensure your supplies don’t run out after the bar closes

Slot Car Grand Prix

During the weekend a ho scale slot car grand prix will be run with trophies for the first three fastest times.

The cars that will be on the track are 240Zs, 280ZXs, Z31s and Z32s

Saturday afternoon

The Z Clubs AGM will be held in the Camp Centre at 2pm for Z club members to discuss any improvements that they would like to see in the clubs development for the future and to get a report on last year

The Club is in desperate need of some help on the committee and the injection

of some fresh blood to help run and improve your club

For other attendees of the event not involved in the AGM we are hoping to have some motoring related sports on the Saturday afternoon in which Teams of four are invited to take part. Nothing too strenuous and all in a spirit of fun.

Late Late News

Greenwood Motorsport will be displaying their recently built replica 1972 Monte Carlo 240Z and will be offering for sale replica Kobie Seiko wheels.

A window tinting service will be offered on site. Examples of prices and bookings can be made in advance at www.mastertint.t83.net.

Event and venue details

The site has some excellent facilities. In all there are 22 acres of grassland divided into several paddocks. There is a five-acre wood if you want to get out and about. There is one clean but basic toilet block with loos, washbasins and showers. A modern social centre with brick built barn and a large patio area with picnic benches.

This year we have the whole site to ourselves. Invited at this time are The Classic Z Register, 300zx.co.uk, 300zx-club.com, 350Z-uk.com, DELETED.com, torque-power.co.uk and zxoc.co.uk. An invitation is extended to other Datsun/Nissan Car Clubs, please contact me for your club to be included. There is no additional charge for club Gazebos but if you enjoy the event a small donation to the scouts would be appreciated. With regards to the actual show area to encourage a varied and mixed display of the Z marque we hope to have the models parked in a somewhat unclassified way

There will be an entry fee of £7.50 per car for the whole event. Whether you attend for one, two or three days this fee will apply. There is a charge of £2.50 per person per night for camping. (There are other rates for mobile homes/caravans). There are local hotels and B & B's but please make your own arrangements. Dogs are allowed (usual rules apply). Children are welcome and there are pedal go-carts and giant games available for children’s hire.

Lend a hand

I will of course need the help of volunteers to assist with various things. Please give a little of your time to help, perhaps an hour on gate duty or sports day assistant. It would be nice to see some new faces helping out.

Anything else please get in touch

'Arkwright' AKA Derek Sulley

email; shop@zclub.net

phone; 01623-794048 evening till late (talk to me don't leave answerphone messages)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be great

Miss it at your peril

This is the last major Z event of the year with the most zeds in one place since The great Silverstone parade last year

If you want a great time get your Z out on the road leave all those stupid boring diy jobs alone for the week end and get there you know it makes sense

It don't matter if your Z is off the road its the people who make it fun

Watch out for the idiots who are going in fancy dress If you become an idiot as well why not come in fancy dress your selves

Why feel like an outsider get your name on the list

1/Steve Burns

2/Derek Sulley

3/DJZ60

4/Saz

5/Andy Duff

6/Mrogers

7/madmarco

8/Quavey

9/Mario & Kaz

10/croeso

11/Dalos

12/Bee Gee Vinz

13/Zedboy&Becky

14/Grolls

15/Snowygt

16/Brian&Brenda Baker as long as she don't have to see Dereks nuts again

17/260Z TT,Gill&Jay

18/ 300zx_girl (cant say for definate but Im aiming for it...)

19/Ceejay

20/Shel ZX

21/DCarey

22/JakTheRuby

23/Zogg.

24/H5

25martinmac

26/Chesterfield

27/M13KYF

28/Beavis

29/Zarudi

30/KIM

31/martin,Gill & Ben

32/Jason Farrow

33/Lisaf

34/phil.e & his Son

35/Rob Gaskin

36/Mr EX & Junior

37/hitman13

38/Crotchrocket + 1

39/ Deve8uk + Tracey (if the fking car is on the road, it should be but you never know)

40/ krsmayo

41/ chris-kaz-300zx

42/ Renegade

43/ Toon Chris

44/ NIDGE74 (how was I missed from the list??) Bringing ZXOC with me.

45/ Zed2k and tribe (if all goes well)..

46/ emero

47/ Suzy & Chris

48/ Russ

49/ richiep (and Kerry)

50/ Joely P, his Mrs and the dogs

51/ SMW1

52/ ricardo

53/ Funksi (50/50 as doesn't want to be homeless the night before. bless)

54/ moggy240

55/ malcolmpaul@fre

56/ datsun dave

57/ Paul Wrangle

58/ John Peek

59/ Slick Pete

60/ Bantambunny & Jon

61/ Legrath (hopefully)

62/ jaffaZ32

63/ Hatari

64/ Gezz

65/ vern936 (hopefully - will more than likely be on bike though)

66/ rahail240

67/ Steve260z

68/ andyvvc

69/ Steve-300ZX

70/ premmit &mrs

71/ jez300Z and clan

72/ zxeyes

73/ TonyC

74/ tulip

75/ sutty

76/ Reddell 300

The List keeps growing and growingflyingpig.gif

1/Steve Burns

2/Derek Sulley

3/DJZ60

4/Saz

5/Andy Duff

6/Mrogers

7/madmarco

8/Quavey

9/Mario & Kaz

10/croeso

11/Dalos

12/Bee Gee Vinz

13/Zedboy&Becky

14/Grolls

15/Snowygt

16/Brian&Brenda Baker as long as she don't have to see Dereks nuts again

17/260Z TT,Gill&Jay

18/ 300zx_girl (cant say for definate but Im aiming for it...)

19/Ceejay

20/Shel ZX

21/DCarey

22/JakTheRuby

23/Zogg.

24/H5

25martinmac

26/Chesterfield

27/M13KYF

28/Beavis

29/Zarudi

30/KIM

31/martin,Gill & Ben

32/Jason Farrow

33/Lisaf

34/phil.e & his Son

35/Rob Gaskin

36/Mr EX & Junior

37/hitman13

38/Crotchrocket + 1

39/ Deve8uk + Tracey (if the fking car is on the road, it should be but you never know)

40/ krsmayo

41/ chris-kaz-300zx

42/ Renegade

43/ Toon Chris

44/ NIDGE74 (how was I missed from the list??) Bringing ZXOC with me.

45/ Zed2k and tribe (if all goes well)..

46/ emero

47/ Suzy & Chris

48/ Russ

49/ richiep (and Kerry)

50/ Joely P, his Mrs and the dogs

51/ SMW1

52/ ricardo

53/ Funksi (50/50 as doesn't want to be homeless the night before. bless)

54/ moggy240

55/ malcolmpaul@fre

56/ datsun dave

57/ Paul Wrangle

58/ John Peek

59/ Slick Pete

60/ Bantambunny & Jon

61/ Legrath (hopefully)

62/ jaffaZ32

63/ Hatari

64/ Gezz

65/ vern936 (hopefully - will more than likely be on bike though)

66/ rahail240

67/ Steve260z

68/ andyvvc

69/ Steve-300ZX

70/ premmit &mrs

71/ jez300Z and clan

72/ zxeyes

73/ TonyC

74/ tulip

75/ sutty

76/ Reddell 300

77/ PAUL HAWKINS

78/ Sharpy

79/ martinmac

80/ ped

Does anyone want to meet up in Chesterfield sunday morning before heading over. Meet at B&Q car park like last time.

I think the list from here is this

1. H5

2. martinmac

3. Chesterfield

4. M13KYF

5. Beavis

6. Renegade

7. Toon Chris

Does anyone want to meet up in Chesterfield sunday morning before heading over. Meet at B&Q car park like last time.

1. H5

2. martinmac

3. Chesterfield

4. M13KYF

5. Beavis

6. Renegade

7. Toon Chris

Ey up,

I'd be up for this - i didnt fancy showing up to the show on me own, but if we're meeting on the sunday first then im in...

M13KYF - you wanna do a 2-car convoy across the hills? :)

1. H5

2. martinmac

3. Chesterfield

4. M13KYF

5. Beavis

6. Renegade

7. Toon Chris

Ey up,

I'd be up for this - i didnt fancy showing up to the show on me own, but if we're meeting on the sunday first then im in...

yeah can do, Do you know the CO-OP pyramid in stockport. Can meet there at 9.00am if you want.

Yew Street

Yew St @53.407524, -2.174796m on google maps

1. H5

2. martinmac

3. Chesterfield

4. M13KYF

5. Beavis

6. Renegade

7. Toon Chris

Ey up,

yeah can do, Do you know the CO-OP pyramid in stockport. Can meet there at 9.00am if you want.

Yew Street

Yew St @53.407524, -2.174796m on google maps

I am most likely going sunday only.So quick blast down the by pass to B+Q sounds good to me. :) Is that near PC world ?