Spotted - The only BMW i would buy!

AK350Z

Thats an E30 M3 Sport Evo - the last of the line, the fastest, rarest and most expensive.

Only came in black or red, larger capacity engine at 2.5 litres, 238bhp, adjustable splitters front and rear, lightweight panels, model specific wheels, bucket seats, suede steering wheel & gearknob, etc, etc.

Used to have an E30 M3 Evo 2 a good number of years back, a truly great car with an amazing chassis.

238bhp from a hand built naturally aspirated engine, 154 mph and 6 seconds to 60 was pretty quick back in the day and still holds up pretty well these days i'd say.

These cars were never about just straight line speed though - it was the sweet handling and chassis that really set them apart.

As much fun as an M5 engine in the e30 would be i reckon it would upset the near perfect handling and weight distribution because its such a big heavy engine.

A friend had one of these a few years back. Was a really nice car, he enjoyed pointing out all the facts about it, 1 of which is that the roof panel is the only panel that is shared by the other E30s. Trouble was he was only using at the weekends, one month he had to cough up £500 excess as it was broken into, the beasts couldnt steal it, but in trying to do so they ripped out all of the electrics under the bonnet and dash. total repair bill ended up being £2200, was an expensive night in london that one. The next month he had an expensive BMW service, they kept the car for 2 weeks, then got it back and sold it on.