Wrecked RAYS.. scrap metal?

IanS16

I would get them on ebay certainly, and advertise them here too. Someone will probably need one or two to replace damaged wheels at some point.

I believe they are still £1k each from Nissan, so if you do damage one, it is almost certainly an insurance claim, with whatever excess the policy has.

I would get them on ebay certainly, and advertise them here too. Someone will probably need one or two to replace damaged wheels at some point.

I believe they are still £1k each from Nissan, so if you do damage one, it is almost certainly an insurance claim, with whatever excess the policy has.

Agreed. At £1k each from NMGB it's even worth having them put back into shape! Or contact them and see if they want to buy them back from you.... ;)

They'd have to be quite badly wrecked to be worth scrap, you usually just need a good welder to fix them.

If you were nearer I'd recommend -

http://www.aluminium-welding.co.uk/alloywheelrepairs.html

- who is in Welwyn Garden City near to me. Decent welders are fairly scarce and most bog standard guys won't touch alloys, a bit of luck and some searching is probably what you need.

You haven't described the damage so it's impossible to say, even if you had it's still a subjective decision, but it's more common for people (or refurb shops) to say they are beyond repair when what they mean is that they don't personally know how to fix them.