Clutch Issues?

MrLizard

Hi All

I was at some traffic lights yesterday and gave the engine 'some' beans, probably held it at 2500-3000 revs, then i went to let the cluch out ans nothing happened.

Clutch came out about half an inch, wasnt coming out any further and no power went to the wheels. It pulled forwards slowly and then about 30 seconds and a few presses of the clutch later all went back to normal.

no dials showing anything funky ...

Help?

Thanks

MrLizard

Used to happen to mine occasionally after I'd been blasting up a mountain pass or something. I'd have to stick my foot under the pedal and pull it up.

Dealer had it back about 5 times before they finally replaced the entire clutch assembly under warranty from the pedal (god knows why they did that!) to the clutch itself. They couldn't tell me for sure what exactly was at fault. :wacko: Mine must have been shot from new as it felt like a different car once they'd sorted it.

Had about 15,000 miles on the clock when this was done. Nissan Switzerland said I might have to pay a bit towards the clutch, wear and tear etc.. but I think I must have shouted enough and they did it free of charge.

Hope Nissan UK are as helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

i took to nissan and they could not of been more helpful...

all seems fine now and no more issues. obviously the larger test will be at santapod this weekend so we shall see, depending on how kind the christmas tree is feeling will decide on the clutch i guess..

• 2 weeks later...

it sounds like you have blown a seal on the slave cylinder, sometimes it will continue to work for a while as the dust seal will hold it

or

the selector fork pivot is damaged

or

the release springs on the plate are bent and not releasing

check your fluid level and for leaks for starters