How do I remove the BOSE unit from dash - Done it yippee!!!

stanski

Sorry did a search for this but cant find it?

Its the GT BOSE unit on '07

Bose unit not refitted correctly and its slightly recessed at the top into the dash - I figured out that the cubby above it - you remove the rubber mat and 2x plastic blanking plugs and I can see 2x retaining screws for the Unit inside - however what is the next step to remove - well actually just to move it forward so its set flush in the dash as before? :)

Thanks Guys - thats really useful - I am panicing now - !!!

My dash is different - also it does'nt look like I need to remove the whole dash like yours as the panel is different on an 07!

Hmm they have refitted it for me this morning - they have a demo on the forecourt and they were'nt sure that it fitted flush!!! :rant:

Anyway its still not right I know I am being fussy but its still a couple of mil out and its going to annoy me - mad I know - so will have a go then later maybe do an updated guide for the later cars - see how heroic I am feeling!! :surrender:

Thanks folks :thumbs:

Oi!! Cheeky! Plenty of balls just keep dropping them at the moment!! :doh:

No had a chat with mechanic and he effectively described the same process more or less as the earlier dash - so will give it a try tonight when I get home - will take lots of pics just in case :thumbs:

Damn thing is annoying me !! :wacko:

Trust me mate I would have noticed - I AM THAT Anal!!! :headhurt:

It was flush in the 08 Demo on the forecourt - I checked! Maybe they had your unit out also - and the guy forced it back too hard - like they did on mine (he admitted later!) :rant:

Anyway its bugging me and I also want to see behind the unit for a potential Ipod connection maybe in the future and other stuff - little mounting plate to make up - I'm just nosey ! :blush:

Hellooooo well I did it - I took my time and followed the guide as posted earlier -it is almost identical fittings on the 2007 also.

I have taken pics all along for ref if anyone wants them in sequence with my comments please let me know happy to post up or just PM - a few gotchas not mentioned in the other guide - the bleedin vinyl material on the revised 06> interiors is super soft and will damage easily!! So as the mechanic chap said - take the gear knob off and cover the leaver thread with tape or something soft to protect the console when your removing it. The alloy gaiter ring is just resessed into the plastic base moulding as in the earlier model but they have made life a little easier now.

When pulling the top dials connector off - its on the RHD for RHD cars and also its a real pig - again I can post pics later as you cant see it and dont knwo where the clip is to pinch in so it releases form the holder - put some soft lining under it to protect the dash while you are swearing at it!!! :boxing:

Lexx you are riught mate the radio has a teeny weeny recess into the dash not fully flush like the older type BUT - I am glad I did this in the end as the Ba****ds had not tightened the screws on the side brackets enough and also the brackets were bent which is why mine was recessed more than it should - it was'nt even on either side for a start!! Ham fisted ar**! So I striaghtened the brackets out and also realigned the radio once fitted into the console but out of the car if you know what I mean? :headhurt: Now its all evenly spaced and looks ok. Unfortunately no matter how careful I was I still managed to cause a tiny scracth on the sodding opening cubby hatch door!!! AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaghhhhhhh :rant::angry: What a muppet I am!!!

Anyway so now I was happy with the radio I was angry at myself for the scratch - well after a little bit of sideways thought I have discovered that a black crayon rubbed over the material (the spotted charcoal stuff in the revised interior) hides the pale white plastic underneath! :yahoo: It also works on the door grab handle where the window switches are in the drivers side - you know the bit that alwasy gets scratched - so its hidden that also - so there you go - everything happens for a reason. Rub the crayon into the scratch then dab your finger with a bit of your finest spit and rub out the crayon gently this leaves an almost perfect hidden scratch! Well it worked in mine so I ama lot happier now! :teeth:

Will mention this on the other post about a scratched lid!! B)

Anyway so a result - one last thing again dealer muppets!! When you remove the gearknob there is a small flange washer below it - it has a chamfered edge in one side that fits DOWN onto the gearstick - that was upside down also come on how hard can it be!!! :rant:

Sorry for rants, if you need a hand removing console and are a bit unsure then send me a Pm and if your near Manchester pop round and we can sort it ok? :thumbs:

Hellooooo well I did it - I took my time and followed the guide as posted earlier -it is almost identical fittings on the 2007 also.

I have taken pics all along for ref if anyone wants them in sequence with my comments please let me know happy to post up or just PM

always good to have a new guides stan if you've taken the time to do the pictures it would be great to have the write up if you have the time :)