Towing Eye

lomoto

Just opened the boot on my Zed ( not used it for ages :blush: )

and saw the tow eye floating around in the back , I remembered it was used at Silverstone last ( you need one inserted on the track time laps )

Also remembered that it would only force in half a turn as the threads in the car were different to the ones on the tow eye. A few others had the same problem on the day ..

Just measured the tow eye thread (which is 16mm X 2.00 ) found a tap and re-threaded the front mount..

It may be as well to check yours actually does screw in on the front fitting , or it's to late if you have an emergency and need it :)

Yeah we discovered that there are 2 threads to some of the Zeds. We named them aptly fat thread and thin thread. My 53 car had fat threads on both front and rear. Some had thin front and rear and someone (sorry cant remember who it was) has fat at the rear and thin at the front! Very strange!!!

Bring your tapping kit to the next Wales run Tim, you may have a few asking for help!

Yeah we discovered that there are 2 threads to some of the Zeds. We named them aptly fat thread and thin thread. My 53 car had fat threads on both front and rear. Some had thin front and rear and someone (sorry cant remember who it was) has fat at the rear and thin at the front! Very strange!!!

Bring your tapping kit to the next Wales run Tim, you may have a few asking for help!

When is the next Wales run?

When is the next Wales run?

Some time around October if I remember rightly :thumbs:

I didnt check the rear one but I have a fat towing eye and thin thread so I need to tap the thread or get a thin towing eye.