Where to go for modifications!?

N1SM0350z

Just trying to find out where the best place to get engine mods are.

Dad went to goodwood festival of speed and saw the GTR and a tuned 350z said he spoke to a guy at nissan about tuning and apparently they dont do it here but they do in Japan so that was out.

No doubt someone here or the man himself will recommend Bigphil?? :p

Looking at new exhaust supercharger/turbo? also wondering what else needs to be done when subercharging/tuboing.

help and suggestions will be much appreciated

cheers :thumbs:

Well about 10k will net you a safe 400bhp and the car will be able to handle it ie go round corners and stop!

Envy are a good place to start to get an idea. They do PE kits. Have a look in the FI section for loads of info. Some good posts by Baptist, zmanalex and heaps from Prescience. Terre has also forgotten more than most UK tuners know about Zeds.

If you were talking to anyone at goodwood about NA Zeds and GTR's then it was probably RJN Motorsports. They built Giles N/A race engine Zed (thats still for sale BTW!)

They are Reading way...

They do turbo builds too

Also Abbey Motorsports worth a look.

Remember when going FI then it dosnt stop at the engine. I think Kev @ Envy is close to 7k for the proven PE Turbo kit....

Depends where you are in the country.

BigPhil for the North

TDI for the south

Advanced motorsport for the middle

All will give good advice. Links are on the homepage of the site

If you want to FI then minimum recomended should be brake upgrade so you dont kill yourself.

Clutch upgrade to take the power.

Piggyback ECU to tune the puppy up.

Really, you will need a new exhaust system too

intakes will come with the FI kit. But a new intake system is always good.

Millions of extra options after that. (coolers, blow off valves, guages, flywheels, leather driving gloves, etc etc)

Or you can then go mental and get new con rods, pistons, cylinder heads, cams, bearings, a new short block, 4.2L stroker kits, NOS etc etc

Dad went to goodwood festival of speed and saw the GTR and a tuned 350z said he spoke to a guy at nissan about tuning and apparently they dont do it here but they do in Japan so that was out.

Looking at new exhaust supercharger/turbo? also wondering what else needs to be done when subercharging/tuboing.

Has your Dad said its ok to turbo his car? :lol:

Abbey Motorsport in Surrey are not bad too.

Not sure why everyone says £10k...Envy are offering twin turbo for £5.5k fitted, someone on here already had it fitted recently but kept everything else standard..(ie alloys and brakes)..he said it was fine. Seems u could just buy more upgrades later when u got the cash.

Yes, I better clarify that :lol: I just like things to balance and am a little pesimistic.

I am in no way saying any prefessional fitting isnt good, I am saying that I need all the help I can get and will upgrade evrything where possible.

So as Trev says " an old sceptic". Doesnt mean I am right though. :D

Abbey Motorsport in Surrey are not bad too.

Not sure why everyone says £10k...Envy are offering twin turbo for £5.5k fitted, someone on here already had it fitted recently but kept everything else standard..(ie alloys and brakes)..he said it was fine. Seems u could just buy more upgrades later when u got the cash.

Ask Prescience. :thumbs:

Has your Dad said its ok to turbo his car? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Shh keep it quiet :ninja:

then when he drives it he'll wonder what the hell is going on :drive1

By the way thanks for all the advise keep it comin :teeth::thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...